Costco or Sam's Club?

sam2chris

I want to join one of the stores, but not sure which one. Anyone been in both? Just seeing what the consensus is on the stores in Waldorf/Brandywine.

lovinmaryland

I had memberships at both. Costco wins hands down. I drive from Leonardtown to Costco in Brandywine 2-3 times a month. I love it!

lisa8439

Costco... no question.

Costco carries a bigger selection of items and has some great prices on certain items, even clothes, electronics, and furniture.

We had a Costco membership but we let it go because we just weren't getting up to Brandywine enough to use it. I found that just watching local sales (California area) was better for me than driving up to Brandywine once or twice a month.

lovinmaryland

Hmm, how does Costco compare to BJs? I go to BJs because it is so close to me....

Costco wins again. One of my favorite things about them is they do an INSANE amount of samples especially at lunch and on the weekends. I have overheard many people in Costco say "oh hey so and so I am just here hitting samples for my lunch" :lol:

LazySmurfette

I would go with Costco also, my mom "shopped" all three and she will make the trek to Brandywine just because she is sooo much happier with what they have!

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Costco. I make a monthly pilgrimage there from Lusby and hit the Aldi across the street while I'm there.

OldHillcrestGuy

Have membership in all 3 places, there are some items that one wont have but the other will so I guess thats why we have kept all the memberships. We do buy proably 95% of our meats at Costco.

Lots a samples at Costco.:yay:

My DW loves the Aldi across the street.

IMNEMT-B

Whe Costco first opened in Brandywine, I joined. I was told that the only form of payment they accept is check, american express or cash. Have they changed and accept other types of credit cards?

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Whe Costco first opened in Brandywine, I joined. I was told that the only form of payment they accept is check, american express or cash. Have they changed and accept other types of credit cards?

No, still the same policy. Aldi only takes cash and debit too.

Supposedly not having to pay fees to the credit card processors (and staff hours to deal with them) is reflected in the lower prices. I think Costco has a flat percentage markup over their cost across the board.

Doesn't Sams Club only accept Discover or Amex? I think warehouse clubs are able to strike deals with them for lower fees if they agree to accept those cards exclusively.

H

HouseCat

I got a big cake from Costco that was pretty darn good. All of their deli/bakery and store made/brand foods are surprisingly tasty as well.