Front Porch Restaurant Another Failure

harleydude

Well.....it seems that the Front Porch is going to see the demise of it's predecessor...Corbel's. All because of a couple of greedy owners booted the partner/operating manager....the guy that proved that good food at a reasonable price would be a success. Just got word that Brad is no longer there......also heard some of the staff quit when they got the word on Monday. Some may think that the operating manager doesn't make a business succeed, but it was this guy that really re-opened the place and made the business. Everything from the menu to the atmosphere was the result of this guy. But I guess it's the way of the future....let someone else do what the owners couldn't do....and then kick them to the curb.

It's a real shame that some people just don't "get it". I for one will no longer spend a dollar there.....I'm sure the food will change as well as the pricing......too bad.

jetmonkey

He played the Frank Sinatra too ####ing loud, #### was annoying. I'll probably go there more often, now.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Well.....it seems that the Front Porch is going to see the demise of it's predecessor...Corbel's. All because of a couple of greedy owners booted the partner/operating manager....the guy that proved that good food at a reasonable price would be a success. Just got word that Brad is no longer there......also heard some of the staff quit when they got the word on Monday. Some may think that the operating manager doesn't make a business succeed, but it was this guy that really re-opened the place and made the business. Everything from the menu to the atmosphere was the result of this guy. But I guess it's the way of the future....let someone else do what the owners couldn't do....and then kick them to the curb.

It's a real shame that some people just don't "get it". I for one will no longer spend a dollar there.....I'm sure the food will change as well as the pricing......too bad.

Where is the Front Porch?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I for one will no longer spend a dollar there.....I'm sure the food will change as well as the pricing......too bad.
If nothing has actually gone downhill, and you do currently like the place, why would you stop going on the presumption that it will change? Unless you're trying to stick it to the owners. (Disclaimer: I have never eaten in this restaurant, nor do I know any of the people involved, so this opinion is totally objective and generalized.)

Dev

Anti-theist
Went there a few months ago with family....food and service was absolutely terrible. How do you run out of mashed potatoes?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Went there a few months ago with family....food and service was absolutely terrible. How do you run out of mashed potatoes?

See, I've never been, and with a comment like that...well I just won't go. :mad: Yummy mashed potatoes are a must.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
See, I've never been, and with a comment like that...well I just won't go. :mad: Yummy mashed potatoes are a must.
Went there Saturday the 1st. Fried okra with yum yum sauce appetizer. Good but nothing spectacular. House salad with cusabi dressing consisted of red & green arugula and was fresh and good. Friend got crabcakes & I got the smoked duck. Both got mashed taters. The crabcakes were "ok". Clark's & Stoneys are better. The duck was good. The mashed taters were very lumpy but seasoned and were good. The coffee was drinking temperature and good. Desert: Creme broulet & butterscotch/toffee ooey gooey. Both good but i like the creme broulet a lot.

Service was great. There are twin waitresses there. :lol:

I'd try them again

Last edited:

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Biker restaurant critic enamored of Brad
Loud Sinatra music
mashed potato crisis
Mikey likes it

This is why we can't have nice things! :killingme

quailridge

I had dinner and lunch at the Front Porch several times. Was very happy with both the food and service each time. Brad was always there and stopped by our table every time to make sure everything was satisfactory. Sad to hear he is gone. It will be very interesting to see what happens now.

quailridge

I just checked the website and it still has Brad Brown as managing partner....I wonder what happened? (his choice or owners?)

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
We had our xmas office party there. The atmosphere was great but the food and service was not. No plan to go back.

3labs

I had a great dinner there! Food and service were really good. I had the prime rib, which was pretty good. I hope things don't change too much under new management because I planned on going back.

Uncle Charlie

Beer is Good!!!!
Too bad for them

I go to the Front Porch often and I can tell you Brad defintely made the business. He was personable, accomodating and always more than friendly.

Their food is most always good. Have I had a less than great meal, sure. But overall, my meals were always good or better than good. Their prices are very reasonable and I have eaten just about everything on their menu.

Brad will be missed by all of us who regularly visited the porch. I have already had 3 calls about it, all from people who go there several times a week so, I will guarantee you there will be a drop off in business.

Dean Beck owns the property and the business. Once again, he is the cause of things going South because he never thinks he is wrong. Good luck without Brad!

TGB

I heard that too. I personally know Brad and his family. Its such a shame.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah

That's like Damon's ... I ordered take out... I ordered a Steak Salad.. I got there and said they had run out of steak... I said... Hmm... you think you would have told me when I placed my order or called me at the number you had when you took my order... LOL.... They fixed it for us... Which is was a good resturant does.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Well the Front Porch would be off your list..

Too much green stuff in their mashed potatos to be condsidered "YummY"