Firewood

Hessian

cords available...1.5 mile from PF down the 231 in Barstow-advertised on both sides of the road. I suspect $180-250/cord.

DebBVSF

Does anyone know of any firewood for sale in Calvert??

Southern AA County company sells a cord for $200. Full cords only, 1 cord minimum. First 10 miles for delivery is free, $2.00 per mile, each additional mile. They do not stack it. 410-741-0776

loriv

Please remember the "Burn it where you buy it" rule. Don't buy your wood in one county and burn it in another, that's how Emerald Ash Borers are spread. Good luck in your hunt!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It depends on what you ask for; he'll sell you a full cord or face cord.

We bought 2 "Face Cords" and it was $100 for each row off his Flatbed. He cuts his logs are about 14-16" in depth.

:lol:

He delivered a cord. A cord of wood is a cord of wood. He didn't mention any other kind. This is the fellow that has his trucks sitting across from Barstow Road. I didn't see any flatbed...at least not a few years back. He buys it from the Amish and then jacks up the prices.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm not in Calvert, but I've got a ton of trees I'd like cleared from my property. You can have them all... for FREE!!! :biggrin:

thebounty

Make Sure Your Cord Measures 48x48x96
Don't Get Ripped Off

Thanks for spreading the info, but an important thing to remember is that it doesn't matter in what dimensions the wood is stacked, as long as it is stacked tightly and the length x width x height equals 128 cubic feet, which is what 48x48x96 also equals. Most wood is cut less than 24", making it nearly impossible to have a 48" wide stack. These dimensions were used a long time ago when people had stoves big enough to hold a 2 foot piece of wood. Most wood now is cut between 16 and 18".

Hessian

Dowhat....

Sleuth would charge them for the wood.

You know that oak we cut up last Spring...
It burns plenty hot!...thanks for your generosity.

(I mix it with Poplar for a quick ignite,...then stoke in the oak to hold the heat)...Looks like I have just enough to get me to April.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
You know that oak we cut up last Spring...
It burns plenty hot!...thanks for your generosity.

(I mix it with Poplar for a quick ignite,...then stoke in the oak to hold the heat)...Looks like I have just enough to get me to April.

Thank you for taking it, and glad to hear that it heats well.

Still have more.
But no more truck on the lawn.
My grass is just too pretty.