"Mary Worship?"

Starman3000m

Here is an article by Mary Ann Collins, a former nun. Asking any of our Catholic participants to please take the time, if you can, to read through it and refute any of the author's claims. Very interested to know your thoughts. If the author is wrong about any of the RCC doctrines/teachings, please specify and clarify with your beliefs. The article is not too long and the link to the entire info is cited below.

Thank you
Mary Worship?

by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)
July 2001

INTRODUCTION

Jesus said that the truth will set us free. (John 8:32) However, He did not say that the truth would necessarily be easy to accept. It was painful for me to learn the information that I am about to share with you, but it was also liberating and it led to a closer relationship with God.

As a faithful Catholic, and later as a nun, I practiced Mary worship for many years without realizing it. The prayers and practices were so familiar. They were taught to me by good people, sincere people that I trusted. I prayed rosaries and wore a scapular and engaged in other “devotions” which I honestly thought were good and pleasing to God. Because of my lack of knowledge of the Bible and of Church history, I honestly had no idea that I was actually worshipping Mary.

If modern Catholic teachings and doctrines about Mary are true, then they will not be contrary to Scripture, the writings of the Early Fathers, or the decrees of past popes. For a devout Catholic to question these issues and put them to the test can be painful. It certainly was for me. However, it would be far more painful to have God correct us when we face Him on Judgment Day.

LETTING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SPEAK FOR ITSELF

I believe in letting people speak for themselves. Therefore my primary sources about Catholic doctrines and history come from the Catholic Church.

First and foremost is the official Catechism of the Catholic Church which was written for the purpose of summarizing the essential and basic teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. It was approved by Pope John Paul II in 1992 and the English translation was released in 1994. The latest English edition was printed in 2000. Most of my other sources are either practicing Catholics or else former Catholics whose approach is loving and respectful and who have thoroughly documented their work.

When I cite the Catechism I will give paragraph numbers rather than page numbers. I will summarize what it says. If you want to see the paragraphs for yourself, there are two web sites with search engines for the Catechism. (Their addresses are given in the Notes.) You can search by topic or by paragraph number. [1]

Scripture quotations are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.

If you really want to understand Catholic teaching in the light of Scripture and the history of the Catholic church, then I strongly recommend reading the following two books. The authors are former Catholics who love and respect Catholics. They are gentle and respectful in their approach. (See the Bibliography for information about these books.)
Complete Info at: MARY WORSHIP by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)

Last edited:

Starman3000m

FYI: Muslims claim that Walid Shoebat is a "fake" yet he is "right on" regarding what the real truth is behind Fundament Islam.

I expected this of those who want to discredit Mary Ann Collins, and was aware of the posts against her.

My question to Catholic participants is to see if they are able to refute her claims about "Mary Worship" and the Cathecism teachings of Mary in contrast to the New Testament teachings of the Holy Bible.

Sorry, Nonno, but unless you are Catholic, I'd really like to have the honest view points about the claims the author is making about "Mary Worship" since we do know for a fact that Mary is called the "Queen over all things" by the RCC:

I. MARY'S MOTHERHOOD WITH REGARD TO THE CHURCH
966 "Finally the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things, so that she might be the more fully conformed to her Son, the Lord of lords and conqueror of sin and death."506 The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin is a singular participation in her Son's Resurrection and an anticipation of the resurrection of other Christians:

source:
http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

So, rather than attempt to discredit Ms. Collins as an individual, please show where she is wrong about the RCC teachings in regard to Mary Worship.
Thanks

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
In my opinion, Starman3000m is one the worst kinds of religious fanatic, akin to the Phelps family of nutjobs, and is a warped pseudo Christian who haunts this forum for his own personal nasty, racist crusades against all other religious organizations that are different from his own homemade cult. Like I said before, he should get off his fat scurvy ass, head out to some third world country, find some gullible ignoramuses and start up his own con there. If he stays here here much longer he'll probably turn into another Jim Jones or Timothy McVeigh.

libby

Speaking for myself, I've tried to explain how we view Mary, but you won't have it. You insist it is worship that is due to God alone. You insist on telling me what I believe and what my church teaches. You insist on going to "former Catholics" for your info. Try going to "former Bible Christians" who have converted to the RCC. You'll know they are not Catholic because of indoctrination, but because they finally decided to listen instead of talk.

Starman3000m

Speaking for myself, I've tried to explain how we view Mary, but you won't have it. You insist it is worship that is due to God alone. You insist on telling me what I believe and what my church teaches. You insist on going to "former Catholics" for your info. Try going to "former Bible Christians" who have converted to the RCC. You'll know they are not Catholic because of indoctrination, but because they finally decided to listen instead of talk.

Waiting for any refutation. Can anyone show where the author is wrong?

Starman3000m

In my opinion, Starman3000m is one the worst kinds of religious fanatic, akin to the Phelps family of nutjobs, and is a warped pseudo Christian who haunts this forum for his own personal nasty, racist crusades against all other religious organizations that are different from his own homemade cult. Like I said before, he should get off his fat scurvy ass, head out to some third world country, find some gullible ignoramuses and start up his own con there. If he stays here here much longer he'll probably turn into another Jim Jones or Timothy McVeigh.

There Is Only One Truth.
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

I agree with Jesus. :)

PsyOps

Pixelated

I guess you're entitled to YOUR opinion. :ohwell:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
In my opinion, Nonno is one the worst kinds of left wing fanatic, akin to the Chris Matthews family of nutjobs, and is a warped pseudo liberal who haunts this forum for his own personal nasty, racist crusades against all other right wing organizations that are different from his own homemade cult. Like I said before, he should get off his SENILE OLD scurvy ass, head out to some third world country, find some gullible ignoramuses and start up his own con there. If he stays here much longer he'll probably turn into another Jimmy Carter or John Kerry. :razz: :duh:

You may now return your head to it's original position...

UN FREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!!!! :faint:

thatguy

that is pretty much right on, the only misrepresentation is that starman didn't create his pseudo christian religion. He has been sold an "interpretation" of the bible. sad really, that he and his use their religion as the basis for their bigotry.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
that is pretty much right on, the only misrepresentation is that starman didn't create his pseudo christian religion. He has been sold an "interpretation" of the bible. sad really, that he and his use their religion as the basis for their bigotry.
What's sad is your "chosen" ignorance of the Bible...

"Bigotry"? And your hatred of Christianity is called what?

thatguy

What's sad is your "chosen" ignorance of the Bible...

"Bigotry"? And your hatred of Christianity is called what?

i certainly dont have any ignorance of the bible, i just read have read it with a critical (and logical) eye.

additionally, i dont have any hatred for christianity, i do however have a hatred for bigots who try to use religion to justify their sins :howdy:

Zguy28

i certainly dont have any ignorance of the bible, i just read have read it with a critical (and logical) eye.

additionally, i dont have any hatred for christianity, i do however have a hatred for bigots who try to use religion to justify their sins :howdy:
You and logic? :killingme

Irony. You has it.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider

By what authority do YOU critique the Bible?

You cannot read the Bible with a logical mind, without the Holy Spirit leading you and, if you're not a believer, He won't allow you to understand ALL that you THINK you do. In other words: you are prevented from seeing most of the Bible truths, so don't try to sound like you know the Bible better than a true believer does. I'm not being mean here; just factual... :howdy: