Did you get help

Did you get help

• Total voters

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Did you get help from your parents when you ventured out into the real world?

Once employed, we were charged rent to live at home until we could afford to move out. I will do the same to mine...:yay:

Help was always available, but I chose not to take advantage of it. 'Cept once. I could have done without it, but they kicked in a bit to help with a first time mortgage. Paid it back a few months later.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Once employed, we were charged rent to live at home until we could afford to move out. I will do the same to mine...:yay:

I plan to do this, but will stash away the "rent" and give it to girl when she moves out. She'll never expect it, and it will help her furnish and accessorize her new digs.

oldman

Lobster Land
Only had to ask a time or two and Dad helped. Now with two sons if they ask for help, which has happened, I'm there for them.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
My mom decided when I was 16 she wanted to get remarried and move in with her husband. I wasnt invited. I have been on my own since then. No help offered or needed.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I plan to do this, but will stash away the "rent" and give it to girl when she moves out. She'll never expect it, and it will help her furnish and accessorize her new digs.

My husbands dad did this and it was a wonderful surprise for him. It really helped him out when he bought his first house.

Mdbtyhtr

On my own since 17, when we got married, we were so past broke we had to take a bus back to broke! My parents never offered and we never asked. Her parents would have if they could have. Two different worlds. Now we are older and have significantly helped out all of our children, and were happy to do it. Now, does anybody have any advice on getting rid of a 24 year old daughter? She won't go and we have threatened to move, she says that she will find us!

Scott

Annoying_Boy

No I have to pay off Columbia House records and tapes. Got 13 Cassettes for 1 penny but I have to buy 10 at regular price. One more to go and I am free from them forever.

I never paid them either.

I wrote them a letter and told them I was ten.

:popcorn: