Its getting colder,taking blankets again

annemayer

I'm heading up to the pound again today,anybody who wants to contribute I can pick up/meet you to get your blankets and towels. It's getting a lot of colder in the next few days,and they could use them.I normally would give more notice but I just remembered it may snow tomorrow,so I figured I should just get up there with what I have.
P.S. Instead of yapping at me and name calling like last time,donate something and then you can cuss me out in person :buddies:

Hoover

I'm heading up to the pound again today,anybody who wants to contribute I can pick up/meet you to get your blankets and towels. It's getting a lot of colder in the next few days,and they could use them.I normally would give more notice but I just remembered it may snow tomorrow,so I figured I should just get up there with what I have.
P.S. Instead of yapping at me and name calling like last time,donate something and then you can cuss me out in person :buddies:

Never. Thanks I am sure all the animals appreciate what you do for them. I donate all my used blankets and towels to our local shelter also. We also by extra food when on sale and drop it off. Peeps forget the shelters run on donations. We also donate a lot to our rescues in the area.

PrepH4U

Never. Thanks I am sure all the animals appreciate what you do for them. I donate all my used blankets and towels to our local shelter also. We also by extra food when on sale and drop it off. Peeps forget the shelters run on donations. We also donate a lot to our rescues in the area.

I think someone with the ability should set up an online donation page for them. I went last week to the Tri-County shelter home page and they did not have the ability to do online donations. I was trying to do end of the year sharing.
SMAWL had an online system but their home page hadn't been updated since the fall.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I dropped off about 4 large trash bags of linens to Tri-County this morning along with some shoe boxes. Most of the stuff I collected was sheets and towels so they could sure use something thicker like blankets and quilts and throw rugs.

annemayer

I went to a yard sale Saturday that had loads of blankets and stuff,and asked if I could have it since it was so f'ed looking they were never going to sell it. So I've got a ton that went up there last week,plus I cleaned out my linen closet yesterday. We have too many blankets.

TurboK9

:moon: :lmao:

Seriously... is there anywhere around that I could buy a ####load of old blankets and stuff on the cheap? I don't have any really at home, but I do have a full size van and a few extra bucks.

If I can I'll fill that effer up.

tastycake

I would love to contribute next time - I can't get my stuff together before tomorrow. I can't go to the shelters/pounds, I get myself too worked up and it would just about kill me. Please let me know when you are planning on doing this again! I live in Mechanicsville and would be happy to meet you wherever. Thanks for doing this for all of the animals who so desperately need it. :huggy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
great !!!!! :yahoo:

I went to a yard sale Saturday that had loads of blankets and stuff,and asked if I could have it since it was so f'ed looking they were never going to sell it. So I've got a ton that went up there last week,plus I cleaned out my linen closet yesterday. We have too many blankets.

annemayer

:moon: :lmao:

Seriously... is there anywhere around that I could buy a ####load of old blankets and stuff on the cheap? I don't have any really at home, but I do have a full size van and a few extra bucks.

If I can I'll fill that effer up.

It's weird how you try so hard to come off smart,yet cannot figure out the way to a thrift shop or yard sale. :loser: But,I'm glad to see you asking for my advice,finally. Coming to your senses.:drama:
:razz: Just kidding about some of that.

TurboK9

It's weird how you try so hard to come off smart,yet cannot figure out the way to a thrift shop or yard sale. :loser: But,I'm glad to see you asking for my advice,finally. Coming to your senses.:drama:
:razz: Just kidding about some of that.

SOME?!?! Wait here let me do this again... show you my dumb parts... :moon: :lmao:

I'm not talking about a bag of towels, I'm talking about fill a cargo van. :lmao: How many yard sales would that take??!!

There has to be somewhere around that takes in and 'processes' blankets and stuff on a large scale, and tosses or wholesales the ones that aren't all nicey nice, where I could slip them 50 bucks for a van load, maybe like a goodwill processing center or something like that....

Friggin' set 'em for winter. Thought, you know, since you are so :cool: you may know some place specific... but, sadly, I guess it's just a case of :stupid:.

So, I guess I'll just do the small scale thrift shop / yard sale thing...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
SOME?!?! Wait here let me do this again... show you my dumb parts... :moon: :lmao:

I'm not talking about a bag of towels, I'm talking about fill a cargo van. :lmao: How many yard sales would that take??!!

There has to be somewhere around that takes in and 'processes' blankets and stuff on a large scale, and tosses or wholesales the ones that aren't all nicey nice, where I could slip them 50 bucks for a van load, maybe like a goodwill processing center or something like that....

Friggin' set 'em for winter. Thought, you know, since you are so :cool: you may know some place specific... but, sadly, I guess it's just a case of :stupid:.

Why not organize a blanket drive? Sort of like the coat drives that all the radio stations seem to do in the winter?

annemayer

Ok...slowly now...thhrriiifffttt sshhhoooppp. Got it? They have piles up to the ceiling and more than you could ever fit into your serial killer mobile. Damn,Turbo,take a break from dog training and acquire some listening skills.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Come on, do men REALLY listen when there isn't a booty-call involved ????? Meet me at 7 for .. well YOU KNOW - yeah they hear that, but anything else sounds like :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

I THINK what he's saying is this ... if someone can ARRANGE for the pick-up, he can be there to pick up. Am I right Turbo? :whistle:

Ok...slowly now...thhrriiifffttt sshhhoooppp. Got it? They have piles up to the ceiling and more than you could ever fit into your serial killer mobile. Damn,Turbo,take a break from dog training and acquire some listening skills.

annemayer

Nope...re-read it. He said where can I get a large amount of blankets,towels,etc. I said yard sales and thrift shops. He said annemayer,you are a retard...blah blah blah...I said lots,not a small amount. I said duh,thrift stores,pay attention,use your brain. That's just a summary of course. His "drive" idea is a different subject.

TurboK9

:lmao:

I listen just fine. You do know the difference between reading and listening right? :roflmao:

Ahh such fun. I don't kill. I catch and release! :lol:

OK ok I'll call around today. No booty call required, :roflmao:

Heeeeeere booty booty booty... :lmao: Arkie is a funny person oh yes she is.

Oh... and I never said you were a retard... I implied we were stupid... Trying to be nice and not be a forum wuss at the same time aint easy!! :buddies:

Last edited:

BOP

What she said:

Come on, do men REALLY listen when there isn't a booty-call involved ????? Meet me at 7 for .. well YOU KNOW - yeah they hear that, but anything else sounds like :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

I THINK what he's saying is this ... if someone can ARRANGE for the pick-up, he can be there to pick up. Am I right Turbo? :whistle:

What I heard:
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: BOOTY CALL :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Last edited: