Just got my fuel oil bill

:yikes:

$3.34 / gallon.

The only good news is that it was 156 gallons and the last delivery I got was back in April of '09.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

$3.34 / gallon.

The only good news is that it was 156 gallons and the last delivery I got was back in April of '09.
That's pretty cheap to heat your house for 1.5 winters. And they were cold ones too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just paid 3.24..and was actually surprised it wasn't more. It was only about 550 gallons..and I'll fill the tanks three more times this winter if the last was any indication.

TPD

the poor dad
I don't remember how much it was...

I'm just so glad I supplement with pellets. If I had to fill the entire 500 gallon tank, that would be over $1500.

:cds:

But pellets are $5+ per bag. Do you get more heat out of 1 gallon of oil or 1 bag of pellets. I put my money on the oil!

But pellets are $5+ per bag. Do you get more heat out of 1 gallon of oil or 1 bag of pellets. I put my money on the oil!

Fuel Prices
According to a fuel equivalency chart from the Massachusetts Division of Energy Resources, 1 ton of wood pellets provides as much heat as 120 gallons of heating oil. This means that if you pay $200 per ton of pellets, it would be the same as paying $1.67 per gallon for heating oil.

In markets where true oil prices are much higher, such as in winter 2008 when the price topped $4 per gallon, wood pellets can be an economical alternative. Both oil and pellet prices can fluctuate depending on supply, demand, location and other factors.

Considerations
Pellet stoves are generally considered a more environmentally friendly alternative to oil heat. Pellets are usually made of waste sawdust and wood chips, although stoves may also burn corn pellets and cherry pits. These materials are viewed as renewable resources, as opposed to oil.

The oil heating industry is also working to create more sustainable resources, blending heating oil with biodegradable materials such as soybean oil in some markets.

Read more: Oil Heat Vs. Pellet Stoves | eHow.com Oil Heat Vs. Pellet Stoves | eHow.com

BOP

$3.34 / gallon.

Obama: I’ll make energy prices “skyrocket” « Hot Air

In another clip from the same January 2008 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle in which Barack Obama promised to bankrupt anyone foolish enough to build coal-burning power plants, he also made an interesting admission about his entire energy plan. Obama told the editors that his policies would make energy prices “skyrocket” as the energy industry passed along the exorbitant costs of his cap-and-trade policy....

The end result is that I spent $700 for pellets, 3 tons, of which I've used about 1 ton so far this year. If I had used fuel oil, I would probably have used one full tank of 500 gallons @ $3 plus per gallon. Instead, I've only used 150 gallons of fuel and used about 4 tons of pellets since '09.

It doesn't matter what the fuel equiv charts say. I'm saving tons of money on fuel oil by using pellets.

belvak

Happy Camper
We got our oil tank filled on Christmas Eve. $3.24/gallon. Total $700. :yikes: Our last fill up was the beginning of February 2010. Almost a year. We pretty much heat the house with the wood stove, but Hubby had surgery last winter, so we burnt a bit more oil than normal. And, December 2010 was really cold!! Since we get our wood for free, it's not too bad when you figure it costs about $700 to heat the house for a year.

Woodyspda

Sounds to me like most of you need to turn your thermostat down or invest in some insulation.

So far this winter I've used maybe 30 to 40 gallons of heating oil.

House is well insulated and I keep the thermostat down while I'm out.