41% of NYC pregancies end in abortion

Wow! That's a staggering number. My gut isn't inclined to accept it at face value, but maybe my gut is way off on this one.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Because that is where I meant to put it.
News & Current Events.

And the statistic below speaks volumes...
Specifically non-Hispanic Black's have a 59.8% abortion rate.

Hispanics have a 41.3% abortion rate.

Asians have a 22.7% abortion rate.

And non-Hispanic Whites have a 20.4% abortion rate.

FED_UP

Why would you move it to Religion?

The wholesale slaughter of human babies is not a religious matter.

Agree its not about religion, its a choice people make because of money or afraid the child is going to hold their precious life up all because they wanted 5minutes of pleasure. Anyone speaking right now could have been a victim of abortion. If a women was raped I could understand other wise its nothing short of being selfish is the bottom line.

Toxick

Splat
Because that is where I meant to put it.

Well, I understand that, but it seems to me that it would be as inappropriate there as it is in here.

Unless some sort of church or deity has chimed in on the NYC abortion rate, of course.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Absolutely shocking and disgusting. What is it about NYC that makes people chose abortion rather than having a child, or even preventing one in the first place. I'm shocked that that many women of child bearing age are not on some sort of hormonal birth control, failure of those types of bc if used correctly are pretty low.

Agree its not about religion, its a choice people make because of money or afraid the child is going to hold their precious life up all because they wanted 5minutes of pleasure. Anyone speaking right now could have been a victim of abortion. If a women was raped I could understand other wise its nothing short of being selfish is the bottom line.

Abortion as birth control is disgusting but I do think legal safe abortion is necessary.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
What do you expect when you have Planned Parenthood death mills that receives about a third of its money in government grants and contracts ($349.6 million in FY 2008). In the 2007–08 Annual Report, clinic income totaled $374.7 million and miscellaneous operating revenues $68.9 million. Planned Parenthood is also heavily sponsored by private individuals, with over 700,000 active individual contributors.[8] Large donors such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation contribute a substantial part of the organization's budget.[9] Pro-life groups have long advocated the boycott of these private organizations.

Abortion is a business now and Planned Parenthood makes about $1 Billion a year!

Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chernmax

Planned Parenthood group opposes restrictions on abortion, including:

laws requiring parental consent or notification for girls under the age of 18 (or 17 in some states) to have an abortion

laws requiring an ultrasound before abortion (many Planned Parenthood clinics perform, but do not require, ultrasounds)

laws requiring a waiting period (ranging from a couple of hours to a day or more)

Planned Parenthood argues for the wide availability of emergency contraception (EC) measures,[14] and opposes refusal clauses (also called conscience clauses) which would allow pharmacists to refuse to dispense contraceptives if doing so would conflict with their personal beliefs.

Planned Parenthood has also been critical of hospitals that they claim obstruct access to EC for rape victims.

Planned Parenthood also opposes abstinence-only education in public schools. Instead, Planned Parenthood favors (and offers) comprehensive sex education, which includes discussion of both abstinence and birth control.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Planned Parenthood group opposes restrictions on abortion, including:

laws requiring parental consent or notification for girls under the age of 18 (or 17 in some states) to have an abortion

laws requiring an ultrasound before abortion (many Planned Parenthood clinics perform, but do not require, ultrasounds)

laws requiring a waiting period (ranging from a couple of hours to a day or more)

Planned Parenthood argues for the wide availability of emergency contraception (EC) measures,[14] and opposes refusal clauses (also called conscience clauses) which would allow pharmacists to refuse to dispense contraceptives if doing so would conflict with their personal beliefs.

Planned Parenthood has also been critical of hospitals that they claim obstruct access to EC for rape victims.

Planned Parenthood also opposes abstinence-only education in public schools. Instead, Planned Parenthood favors (and offers) comprehensive sex education, which includes discussion of both abstinence and birth control.

I oppose most of those restrictions on abortion and interfering with a woman's private medical choices as well and agree with their stance on the issues as you have posted them. The only one I disagree with is the one I highlighted. My child can't even take medicine at school without my permission but they can have a dangerous procedure like an abortion? That's crazy talk.

chernmax

I oppose most of those restrictions on abortion and interfering with a woman's private medical choices as well and agree with their stance on the issues as you have posted them. The only one I disagree with is the one I highlighted. My child can't even take medicine at school without my permission but they can have a dangerous procedure like an abortion? That's crazy talk.

Yes and I respect your opinion, my concern is these so called restrictions are NOT restricting a woman from getting an abortion. They are allowing in most cases an under educated persons to make an informed decision (because it does target mostly young urban minority areas) that most educated woman may consider outright already.

The bulk of planned parenthood money comes from abortion, if you're a business, which product would you make more available and ensure less restrictions on? And if the abortions are sold as free (because they are paid for by grants or donations) the choice is that much easier for the individual and Planned Parenthood still gets paid!

Last edited:

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
If they didn't have abortions then the already overworked underfunded Social Services Department would be 41% more over capacity. Sorry but with people and our country going down the toilet I have to say I'd rather not see 41% more kids thrown into a broken system where god only knows what would happen to them. Maybe we should teach everyone how to use birth control and it would slow it down instead of "teaching" them to not have sex. I bet ALL of us here waited until we were married, and never made a mistake in our lives. If you think that's the truth, I also have a bridge I'd like to sell.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Absolutely shocking and disgusting. What is it about NYC that makes people chose abortion rather than having a child, or even preventing one in the first place. I'm shocked that that many women of child bearing age are not on some sort of hormonal birth control, failure of those types of bc if used correctly are pretty low.

Abortion as birth control is disgusting but I do think legal safe abortion is necessary.

I've always felt abortion is a nevessary evil but I've also believed that our society has - through our news, entertainment, gaming, and education - cheapened life and these are the results.