AZ shooter Identified, 6 dead

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
AP sources: Ariz. gunman ID'ed as Jared Loughner

WASHINGTON -- People familiar with the investigation tell The Associated Press that the gunman held in the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona and others has been identified as Jared Loughner.

Little information is known immediately about Loughner - such as his background or a possible motive in the attack.

U.S. officials who provided his name to the AP spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release it publicly.

(This version corrects spelling to Loughner to Laughner.)

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

WASHINGTON -- People familiar with the investigation tell The Associated Press that the gunman held in the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona and others has been identified as Jared Loughner.

Little information is known immediately about Loughner - such as his background or a possible motive in the attack.

U.S. officials who provided his name to the AP spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release it publicly.

(This version corrects spelling to Loughner to Laughner.)

Yeah, as soon as it was identified the shooter was a lefty, the previous post got deleted. Hmmmmm. Wonder who would do something like that.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Yeah, as soon as it was identified the shooter was a lefty, the previous post got deleted. Hmmmmm. Wonder who would do something like that.

This guy is a lefty? How do you know that? And really what does that matter? A woman is fighting for her life. Who gives a damn how this asshat voted or whatever it is that qualifies someone as a lefty. Not to mention the people that died and the others that were wounded. WTF is a left anyway?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This guy is a lefty? How do you know that? And really what does that matter? A woman is fighting for her life. Who gives a damn how this asshat voted or whatever it is that qualifies someone as a lefty.

The Twitter link Nono posted made it clear the shooter is not a conservative, TEA party member or 'wingnut' and he was explicitly classified as a liberal. This flies in the conventional wisdom of the commentors on all the blogs and news pages on the web.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This guy is a lefty? How do you know that? And really what does that matter? A woman is fighting for her life. Who gives a damn how this asshat voted or whatever it is that qualifies someone as a lefty. Not to mention the people that died and the others that were wounded. WTF is a left anyway?

Nonno posted his drivel in order to try and imply that the shooter must have conservative ties and affiliations. Turns out he was w-r-o-n-g!!

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
The Twitter link Nono posted made it clear the shooter is not a conservative, TEA party member or 'wingnut' and he was explicitly classified as a liberal. This flies in the conventional wisdom of the commentors on all the blogs and news pages on the web.

Nonno posted his drivel in order to try and imply that the shooter must have conservative ties and affiliations. Turns out he was w-r-o-n-g!!

Who gives a #### though. Even if Nonno was trying to start something why take the bait? People are dead, who gives a damn about twitter. And just because twitter said something don't take that as gospel. On my myspace I'm a nineteen year old male. Give me a break, earlier today they couldn't even tell us whether she was alive or dead but according to twitter he's a liberal. Ok.

Seriously though. WTF does that bull#### have to do with anything? Whoever did it seems to have carried out some sort of hit. That is an attack on all of us. An attack at a grocery store on a member of Congress, and several bystanders, most likely politically motivated, killing several, wounding more, terrorizing many more. This is terrorism, and once again it's home grown.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Who gives a #### though. Even if Nonno was trying to start something why take the bait? People are dead, who gives a damn about twitter. And just because twitter said something don't take that as gospel. On my myspace I'm a nineteen year old male. Give me a break, earlier today they couldn't even tell us whether she was alive or dead but according to twitter he's a liberal. Ok.

Seriously though. WTF does that bull#### have to do with anything? Whoever did it seems to have carried out some sort of hit. That is an attack on all of us. An attack at a grocery store on a member of Congress, and several bystanders, most likely politically motivated, killing several, wounding more, terrorizing many more. This is terrorism, and once again it's home grown.

Back on Iggy for you.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
according to twitter he's a liberal.
If you watch that "mind controller" video on his YT page, he would seem to be much more in line with fascist/communist thinking than anything conservative or libertarian.

If he were a conservative, it would be all over the media; since he was from the Left, it will be largely un(der)reported. That makes it notable. Particularly when Nonuts, Mrs.Steed, et al. want to paint conservatives and TEA Party members as evil; perhaps you should give them the talking to. :shrug:

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
If you watch that "mind controller" video on his YT page, he would seem to be much more in line with fascist/communist thinking than anything conservative or libertarian.

If he were a conservative, it would be all over the media; since he was from the Left, it will be largely un(der)reported. That makes it notable. Particularly when Nonuts, Mrs.Steed, et al. want to paint conservatives and TEA Party members as evil; perhaps you should give them the talking to. :shrug:

If I cared I might. The whole left/right thing is ridiculous.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Hopefully, they will have a bio out about the shooter within the next few hours. I am just interested (right now) in knowing the latest news on the victims.... that is all that matters!

I'm listening to C-span's (Mayor Walkup now) press conferences and the ringing phones in the background is extremely annoying.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
If you watch that "mind controller" video on his YT page, he would seem to be much more in line with fascist/communist thinking than anything conservative or libertarian. If he were a conservative, it would be all over the media; since he was from the Left, it will be largely un(der)reported.

If you took the time look, those videos are all over the place, no one is trying to keep you from enjoying them. I think you just like to kvetch. :lmao:

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Hopefully, they will have a bio out about the shooter within the next few hours. I am just interested (right now) in knowing the latest news on the victims.... that is all that matters!

I'm listening to C-span's (Mayor Walkup now) press conferences and the ringing phones in the background is extremely annoying.

I would like to know more about the victims as well. Because of the earlier is she dead or isn't she debacle I'm not as quick to just take these news reports at face value, kinda reminds me of 9/11 when there was so much going on and so much rumor and crappy reporting.
One of the dead was a federal judge who'd been receiving death threats and other outpourings of love :sarcasm:

44 - Slain federal judge John Roll was at the center of Arizona's immigration debate

Here is a little info about Loughner by Loughner from his YouTube channel:
Classitup10
Classitup1

Name:
Jared Lee Loughner
Channel Views:
Invalid Friend ID
About Me:

My name is Jared Lee Loughner!
Hometown:
Tucson
United States
Schools:
I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.
Interests:
My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
Movies:
(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)
Music:
Pass me the strings!
Books:
I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
I would like to know more about the victims as well. Because of the earlier is she dead or isn't she debacle I'm not as quick to just take these news reports at face value, kinda reminds me of 9/11 when there was so much going on and so much rumor and crappy reporting.
One of the dead was a federal judge who'd been receiving death threats and other outpourings of love :sarcasm:

44 - Slain federal judge John Roll was at the center of Arizona's immigration debate

Here is a little info about Loughner by Loughner from his YouTube channel:

This may be helpful:

Latest breaking news on arizona shooting - breakingnews.com

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If he were a conservative, it would be all over the media; since he was from the Left, it will be largely un(der)reported.

Since there is no real link to anything conservative, you'll notice how the comments are focusing on Palin's campaign pac and their use of a bulls eye to "target" various congressional seats in the last election as the reason the congresswoman was shot.