It all started with...

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
A crappy builder, which lead to

A leaking doorway, which lead to

A rotten subfloor, which lead to

A carpenter putting a nail in an electrical wire, which lead to

A septic pump not working, which lead to

An exorbitant bill from the septic company to come out, assess the situation and replace the electric wire, which lead to

A freezer being unplugged because it was plugged into where the septic alarm system was plugged in, which lead to

about 60 lbs of rotten venison, 2lbs of rotten shrimp, a box of melted ice cream and miscellaneous other melted and rotten foods.

:ohwell:

Bay_Kat

Tropical

An exorbitant bill from the septic company to come out, assess the situation and replace the electric wire, which lead to

A freezer being unplugged because it was plugged into where the septic alarm system was plugged in, which lead to

about 60 lbs of rotten venison, 2lbs of rotten shrimp, a box of melted ice cream and miscellaneous other melted and rotten foods.

which lead to the foulest smell imaginable I would think

foodcritic

Who Da builder?

FED_UP

WOW

lovinmaryland

Can you have them cover the expense of your loss? They should have insurance to cover this type of mistake.

That or you can call your insurance company and file a claim. First I would total up the amount of food that was ruined, because you will have a deductible. But I had a client whose deep freezer went out in a power surge. They had just bought 2 whole cows plus some other stuff. It came out to nearly $2500 in food.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
That or you can call your insurance company and file a claim. First I would total up the amount of food that was ruined, because you will have a deductible. But I had a client whose deep freezer went out in a power surge. They had just bought 2 whole cows plus some other stuff. It came out to nearly $2500 in food.
And depending on how long the unplug went undetected, there may be no way to clean out the funky smell of decaying meat.....so, you might as well tack on the cost of a replacement freezer. :yay:

Toxick

Splat

There's a wing on the flea on the wing on the fly on the hair on the wart on the frog on the bump on the log in the hole at the bottom of the sea...

She called and left a "You will NEVER work for me or anybody I know ever again" message. Owner called back in under 30 minutes. I talked to him. He then called son to verify that son did/did not unplug freezer. Then he called me back about an hour later. Son could not recall for sure if he had unplugged it. Owner was not going to fight me over it, his reputation was on the line. He wanted to know what he could do to make us happy. I gave him a number and had a check the next morning.

SoMDGirl42

She called and left a "You will NEVER work for me or anybody I know ever again" message. Owner called back in under 30 minutes. I talked to him. He then called son to verify that son did/did not unplug freezer. Then he called me back about an hour later. Son could not recall for sure if he had unplugged it. Owner was not going to fight me over it, his reputation was on the line. He wanted to know what he could do to make us happy. I gave him a number and had a check the next morning.

Wow. Good on him.

So sorry you had all this to deal with in the first place. That just sucks to begin with.