Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone purchased new washing machine lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Sears Kenmore. Won't go with any other brand in a washer, dryer, refer or freezer.
    Ha! You spelled reefer wrong.

tito
    Samsung front load washer and dryer purchased from Lowes about 7 months ago and I'm pretty happy with them. Wash cycles seem longer than most top loaders, though (normal cycle is 53mins, I believe).

I haven't had the issues with knotted clothes or clothes not coming clean. Like the previous poster said, I also leave the door on the washer open so it air dries.

thanks for the replies so far - for you maytag top load users - do your clothes seem crumpled up bad when taking them out of the wash? Thanks.

NOT Politically Correct!! chernmax's Avatar
    Lowes yesterday near the light bulb section has a bunch of brand new washers and dryers lined up with minor defects or scratches for sale. Most were more than half off! Brand new!
    “When somebody doesn't do the job, we gotta let ‘em go.” ~ Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    Samsung front load washer and dryer purchased from Lowes about 7 months ago and I'm pretty happy with them. Wash cycles seem longer than most top loaders, though (normal cycle is 53mins, I believe).

I haven't had the issues with knotted clothes or clothes not coming clean. Like the previous poster said, I also leave the door on the washer open so it air dries.
    We have a Samsung also...had it for about a year. Great machine with no problems. We have saved quite a bit on our electricity because the clothes are almost dry when done spinning. Cut drying time in half at least!

p.s. We didn't waste the money on the stand. I built one to the same size using 3/4 inch plywood. Painted same color...works just fine for $200 less...

We got a high efficiency top-loader two years ago. I gotta say I agree with some of the complaints. It does leave our clothes all wrapped up and twisted together. There have been a few times when the clothes in the middle of the machine are barely even wet when done washing. We got the Whirlpool Cabrio model washer and dryer. In fact, I don't care much for the dryer either (the moisture sensor that makes a time to dry to clothes is never right so I often have damp clothes still in the dryer when it turns off)

A friend of mine just returned to the "old" agitator style for the same basic reasons. I'm sure there are some good top loaders out there, but I wouldn't really recommend the one I got.
    ~~ "Even if you're on the right track, you will still get run over if you just sit there" Will Rogers ~~

My biggest complaint about front-loaders is you can't put wet towels or clothes in just to spin like you can with a top-loader. That and you can't open it after it starts washing.
    Rights without Responsibility = ENTITLEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey_Lane View Post
    It doesn't leak, and that's an oooooold tale from the very first front loaders.

An old myth perpetuated by people with no personal experience and who don't know any better posting stuff like this on web forums:

Quote Originally Posted by fjennell
    I have heard some horror stories about front load washers, mainly they have leaked, flooded and mildew gets all over the front door very easily.

Just leave the door open a crack when done to let it dry and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet 16 View Post
    My biggest complaint about front-loaders is you can't put wet towels or clothes in just to spin like you can with a top-loader. That and you can't open it after it starts washing.
    Mine has a spin dry button. You didn't compare features...

Quote Originally Posted by MDChick View Post

An old myth perpetuated by people with no personal experience and who don't know any better posting stuff like this on web forums:

Just leave the door open a crack when done to let it dry and it's fine.

well no i don't have personal experience, that's why i am asking on here but a coworker of mine did have this happen to her and it didn't seem to be the only person that it ever happened to.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.