Free classes

Ren

Good day, ladies and gentlemen.

I want to go back to school but my financial situation is a crisis so if anybody knows of any free classes, please send me a message or post a link or number.

My preferences are nursing, EMT training or firefighter training.

Thank you in advance.

FED_UP

Talking about classes I have been looking for free classes or crash training dealing with how to understand stocks and mutual funds etc, how do you know you got a good investment or could do better? I see a statment but what the heck does some of that mumbo jumbo mean. Surfing web explaining doesn't give you a very good understanding.

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
Good day, ladies and gentlemen.

I want to go back to school but my financial situation is a crisis so if anybody knows of any free classes, please send me a message or post a link or number.

My preferences are nursing, EMT training or firefighter training.

Thank you in advance.

I am currently in grad school and I feel your pain (financially)! Have you already completed your FAFSA forms? Even if your income is not incredibly low, you will probably qualify for some type of aid/opportunity to take out loans. TIP: If you start at a community college like CSM, it can save you a nice chunk of change. I went there for two years prior to transferring to a four year college.

As for your question about free classes:

My little brother became an EMT several years ago. The rescue squad he joined as a teen sponsored his EMT-B classes and he recently completed his emergency vehicle operator class. Your time will be unpaid, but it is good experience, especially if you are interested in pursuing a career as a nurse or a paramedic. My brother is currently pursuing a career in materials engineering, but he loves working as an EMT! If you're interested, contact a local rescue squad and talk to someone about joining. Someone there should be willing to sit down with you and outline the process better than I can :smile:

Good luck!

JoeMac

Two options I see for you.

Student loans unless you qualify for some type of a grant. They aren't that bad of a deal other than the debt you have to incur to use them. A good credit score isn't needed either.

Join a local volunteer fire/rescue department. When I was a member if you enrolled in fire/emt classes the department paid for them. I am almost 100% certain it is still this way.

Roman

roman

I joined a local Fire & Rescue Department, and got my EMT-A (I'm dating myself), my CRT (Cardiac Rescue Technician), my Fire Fighter Certification, and then my Paramedic. It was all FREE, and was just the best expirience I ever had. Once you get the training, there are many different job opportunities, that pay a decent wage. It does take some time though, and you do have to Volunteer. But it's worth it.