Dear Shah Associates

Dear Shah Associates,

The lack of professionalism and compassion displayed by your "associates" never ceases to amaze me.

Let me start by saying that NONE of this criticism is aimed at our family's pediatrician - Dr. K - whom we LOVE. She is caring, attentive and proactive. She is, perhaps, the only reason why we continue to use ANY of your "associates."

However, another one of your pediatricians - Dr. S - is at quite the opposite end of the spectrum, and her behavior is more in line with what I have come to expect from Shah Associates. Her manner of talking down to parents, lying to children to coerce them into cooperating (instead of calmly explaining a procedure to them), and, last, but not least, announcing "I'm never having kids!" to her nurse as a family leaves the building illustrates just how unfit some of your "associates" are to fill their positions.

Perhaps, though, the final straw was when we arrived at the Breton Med Urgent Care facility on Friday, 31 December, with 4yo twin daughters who had both developed double ear infections overnight. I called prior to leaving the house at 7:45, and received the answering machine message stating that the hours are 8-8 M-F, and 9-6 S & S. Nothing about holiday closures, and since the service is offered 7 days/week, it made sense to me that, if it were to be closed on a holiday, it would be closed on New Year's Day, not on New Year's Eve. So, I bundled up my miserable little girls and headed to San Souci - only to find the office closed - yet, the sign on the door stated the hours very clearly, and did not specify any holiday closures. Given that it was only 8:15 at this point, I figured that *maybe* everyone was just running late - that would be right on par for Shah Associates. However, within 20 minutes, it was apparent that no one was coming.

I left to head to St. Mary's Hospital's FastTrack ahead of the crowd that was gathering in the parking lot at Breton Med Urgent Care, and we were thrilled to get in and out in less than an hour. As we were leaving, our fellow patients from the San Souci parking lot were filing in, filling the waiting area of the Emergency Room. I apologized to the receptionist for taking up precious time with something as relatively simple as ear infections, and told her that we DID try Urgent Care first - but, despite no statement of holiday hours, they were apparently closed. She did not seem surprised - apparently the office had done the same thing on Christmas Eve.

I realize that, from the vantage point of your group of "associates," it may seem as though we are a mindless group of rednecks who are invariably benefitted by the "quality care" you provide. The very fact that the group holds a monopoly on health care in this county does not help this perception. As I have personally witnessed the varying qualities of care provided, AND experienced a startling lack of compassion - a simple inability to notify patients that an office is closed (how difficult is it to print out a sign stating "Closed for New Year's Eve AND New Year's Day and tape it to the door?) - I cannot help but wonder if we are truly better off with your services - or not. I would hope that such a large group of doctors would collaborate to truly benefit the people they serve...but, as with all groups, when they grow large enough, even the most basic customer (patient) services are often overlooked. I'm sorry to say that your group of associates has long since passed that point.

May the new year bring you a new perspective on what it means to be doctors...

Sincerely,
foxxynhounds

This is typical of Breton less than the Shahs. After they mis-diagnosed my hyper-blood pressure, I never went back to them.

FED_UP

I would not let anyone down talk me and not say something back to them in person, that is one thing you should have done. Yea they should have put word closed on New Years and Xmas eve, some peopel don't realize how the simple things makes them look good and make others happy.

I would not let anyone down talk me and not say something back to them in person, that is one thing you should have done. Yea they should have put word closed on New Years and Xmas eve, some peopel don't realize how the simple things makes them look good and make others happy.

I sat there at Breton waiting for a foot xray for nearly an hour before they came and informed the the machine was broken.

bohman

Breton is a cluster. I can't imagine circumstances that would lead me to go back in there ever again.

It starts when you walk in the door, and can't get the receptionist's attention because she's busy arguing with her boyfriend.

Terrid76

Breton use to be fantastic. I was the place to go for great medical care by caring physicans. And then, the Shah's bought it and things went down hill fast. There are still a decent doc or two there but the services are horrible, wait times unreal and billing incredible. Now, I have to be really sick to go and regular checks. I just don't have the time to take a day off to spend it in their waiting room only to be told I need tests that I don't. They've made enough money off of me.

Toxick

Splat
Breton is a cluster. I can't imagine circumstances that would lead me to go back in there ever again.

Amen to that.

It starts when you walk in the door, and can't get the receptionist's attention because she's busy arguing with her boyfriend.

I've discovered these situations are easy to fix.

You just have to not mind causing a scene.

Every passing day, I mind less.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
My wife came home almost in tears over 1 Breton receptionist who talked down to my wife and said something embarrassing with our daughter about an appointment. After she told me what happened I immediately called the clinic and spoke with the woman and basically ripped her a$$ out over the phone and told her I was heading there to let the manager or whoever was in charge know about her rude comments to my wife and daughter.

When I got there it was evident she reported herself first and was forced to apologize to my wife and I for what she stated was rude and she's sorry because she was having a bad day. This may have not been the first time either because she went on to say that she didn't want to lose her job over it! And was warned! Hmmmmmm.... :coffee:

FED_UP

I sat there at Breton waiting for a foot xray for nearly an hour before they came and informed the the machine was broken.

WTF, that is crazy, well maybe they were trying to get it to work and could not. I think we all know in todays world a Dr. office appt or walk in your going to wait at least 1 hr at the minimum when you get there to be called to come on back to a room. Luck happens sometimes and you get in sooner. I think the trick is to faint and fall to the floor to get seen right away.

TLS

Dear Shah Associates,

The lack of professionalism and compassion displayed by your "associates" never ceases to amaze me.

Let me start by saying that NONE of this criticism is aimed at our family's pediatrician - Dr. K - whom we LOVE. She is caring, attentive and proactive. She is, perhaps, the only reason why we continue to use ANY of your "associates."

However, another one of your pediatricians - Dr. S - is at quite the opposite end of the spectrum, and her behavior is more in line with what I have come to expect from Shah Associates. Her manner of talking down to parents, lying to children to coerce them into cooperating (instead of calmly explaining a procedure to them), and, last, but not least, announcing "I'm never having kids!" to her nurse as a family leaves the building illustrates just how unfit some of your "associates" are to fill their positions.

Perhaps, though, the final straw was when we arrived at the Breton Med Urgent Care facility on Friday, 31 December, with 4yo twin daughters who had both developed double ear infections overnight. I called prior to leaving the house at 7:45, and received the answering machine message stating that the hours are 8-8 M-F, and 9-6 S & S. Nothing about holiday closures, and since the service is offered 7 days/week, it made sense to me that, if it were to be closed on a holiday, it would be closed on New Year's Day, not on New Year's Eve. So, I bundled up my miserable little girls and headed to San Souci - only to find the office closed - yet, the sign on the door stated the hours very clearly, and did not specify any holiday closures. Given that it was only 8:15 at this point, I figured that *maybe* everyone was just running late - that would be right on par for Shah Associates. However, within 20 minutes, it was apparent that no one was coming.

I left to head to St. Mary's Hospital's FastTrack ahead of the crowd that was gathering in the parking lot at Breton Med Urgent Care, and we were thrilled to get in and out in less than an hour. As we were leaving, our fellow patients from the San Souci parking lot were filing in, filling the waiting area of the Emergency Room. I apologized to the receptionist for taking up precious time with something as relatively simple as ear infections, and told her that we DID try Urgent Care first - but, despite no statement of holiday hours, they were apparently closed. She did not seem surprised - apparently the office had done the same thing on Christmas Eve.

I realize that, from the vantage point of your group of "associates," it may seem as though we are a mindless group of rednecks who are invariably benefitted by the "quality care" you provide. The very fact that the group holds a monopoly on health care in this county does not help this perception. As I have personally witnessed the varying qualities of care provided, AND experienced a startling lack of compassion - a simple inability to notify patients that an office is closed (how difficult is it to print out a sign stating "Closed for New Year's Eve AND New Year's Day and tape it to the door?) - I cannot help but wonder if we are truly better off with your services - or not. I would hope that such a large group of doctors would collaborate to truly benefit the people they serve...but, as with all groups, when they grow large enough, even the most basic customer (patient) services are often overlooked. I'm sorry to say that your group of associates has long since passed that point.

May the new year bring you a new perspective on what it means to be doctors...

Sincerely,
foxxynhounds

You could also try the Urgent Care in Solomons. My family and I have always received better care than at Breton Medical.....

FED_UP

Amen to that.

I've discovered these situations are easy to fix.

You just have to not mind causing a scene.

Every passing day, I mind less.

Causing a scene works for sure, nothing to be embarrassed about you have to stand up these days or people will walk over you without a worry on their mind. The older we get the more we don't mind causing a scene because we are FED UP and don't give sheit anymore.

Last edited:
Breton use to be fantastic. I was the place to go for great medical care by caring physicans. And then, the Shah's bought it and things went down hill fast. There are still a decent doc or two there but the services are horrible, wait times unreal and billing incredible. Now, I have to be really sick to go and regular checks. I just don't have the time to take a day off to spend it in their waiting room only to be told I need tests that I don't. They've made enough money off of me.

Agreed.

tl=Tough luck I guess. Yeah. I went to Dr Moon who got me right in. Well, I called first.

Causing a scene works for sure, nothing to be embarrised about you have to stand up these days or people will walk over you without a worry on their mind. The older we get the more we don't mind causing a scene because we are FED UP and don't give sheit anymore.

Well, I give a poop and it is good to let people know what to expect. I don't cause scenes anymore, but let them know how I felt about the treatment. Waits, especially tick me off when you have an appt., show up early even and wait 45 minutes. That is when I usually, unless in dire straits, tell them ther time is up and don't even think about charging me for missing an appt.
Also the Shah place in San Souci wants to have you pay your co pay in advance. Don't like that. Only place I know that does it in fact. I did get my$ back for the broken xray. And yeah they may have had someone there at 9 trying to fix the machine, but I doubt it.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Agreed.

tl=Tough luck I guess. Yeah. I went to Dr Moon who got me right in. Well, I called first.

Well, I give a poop and it is good to let people know what to expect. I don't cause scenes anymore, but let them know how I felt about the treatment. Waits, especially tick me off when you have an appt., show up early even and wait 45 minutes. That is when I usually, unless in dire straits, tell them ther time is up and don't even think about charging me for missing an appt.
Also the Shah place in San Souci wants to have you pay your co pay in advance. Don't like that. Only place I know that does it in fact. I did get my$ back for the broken xray. And yeah they may have had someone there at 9 trying to fix the machine, but I doubt it.

Wow, every Dr. my husband and I have (including the dentist) have you pay your co-pay at the time of visit.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
BUT do you pay BEFORE you see the dr/dentist or after? Dental visits usually can't bill you before they see your teeth LOL - DR's tend to have to you pay the co-pay BEFORE you are seen. So if after waiting 45 min you decide you want to leave, you have to request your co-pay back which takes even MORE time, been there, done that.

Wow, every Dr. my husband and I have (including the dentist) have you pay your co-pay at the time of visit.

Last edited:

BUT do you pay BEFORE you see the dr/dentist or after? Dental visits usually can't bill you before they see your teeth LOL - DR's tend to have to you pay the co-pay BEFORE you are seen. So if after waiting 45 min you decide you want to leave, you have to request your co-pay back which takes even MORE time, been there, done that.

I usually pay after getting seen, both Dent. and Dr. or am billed.

G

gettingmaddd

with my insurance i dont pay my copay in the office. i have to wait for them to bill my insurance and then pay all that fun stuff. but with the urgent care in san souci i hate having to sit next to all these loud kids running around crying with the moms just sitting there looking at her phone. that makes me mad.