Hubble finds Green Blob in Space

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Way cool:
The Blob

The Hubble Space Telescope got its first peek at a mysterious giant green blob in outer space and found that it's strangely alive.

The bizarre glowing blob is giving birth to new stars, some only a couple million years old, in remote areas of the universe where stars don't normally form.

Beta84

They're out to get us
maybe this blob travels through the galaxy birthing stars and planets. Maybe that's what happened and not the big bang!!! we all came from da blob!

E

EmptyTimCup

I think Hubble is the coolest thing ever!

can you imagine all the money spent on the damn thing, then money spent to repair it ..... "The Program" was supposed to be up a couple yrs ago, NASA was going "Deorbit" Hubble to come back to earth in a remote area of the pacific .... basically throwing away the investment ...

the same thing is schedule to happen for ISS in 2016

bcp

In My Opinion
Looks like some astronaut sneezed through the spit through blow by sneeze vent in the space shuttle.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
can you imagine all the money spent on the damn thing, then money spent to repair it ..... "The Program" was supposed to be up a couple yrs ago, NASA was going "Deorbit" Hubble to come back to earth in a remote area of the pacific .... basically throwing away the investment
What exactly is your gripe?

Do you never get rid of a piece of electronics, even when they are dying and hard to repair?

bcp

In My Opinion
can you imagine all the money spent on the damn thing, then money spent to repair it ..... "The Program" was supposed to be up a couple yrs ago, NASA was going "Deorbit" Hubble to come back to earth in a remote area of the pacific .... basically throwing away the investment ...

I think they should dismantle welfare in the same way

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'd rather spend money on Hubble and other space programs than send funds to some third-world #### hole or finance some crackhead bebe mama.

The space program creates good jobs and far-reaching technology. You can't say that for most of what our government pisses away money on.

Otter

Nothing to see here

:luddite:

E

EmptyTimCup

What exactly is your gripe?

Do you never get rid of a piece of electronics, even when they are dying and hard to repair?

it cost a lot of $$ to throw away something that still works, just because the program is over ..... use the damn thing until it no longer functions

the unit was designed to be upgrade able ..... hell sell it off to some other entity ...

(ok I did not realize it had been in orbit since 1990 ..... but still do you throw away a car because it has 100,000 miles on it.)

Otter

Nothing to see here
it cost a lot of $$ to throw away something that still works, just because the program is over ..... use the damn thing until it no longer functions

the unit was designed to be upgrade able ..... hell sell it off to some other entity ...

(ok I did not realize it had been in orbit since 1990 ..... but still do you throw away a car because it has 100,000 miles on it.)

Cash for Clunkers?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'm sure you have heard of something known as a "cost-to-benefit analysis". The Agency could potentially keep the unit running, but that requires training, building replacement parts, then funding the missions to put the crew up there to do the work. For what? Technology that is over two decades old. Think of how far your personal technology has moved in that span, then apply that realization to the space program.

Modern cameras and scopes can see farther, clearer and with much more detail than the Hubble crew could dream. NASA is thinking more efficiently these days, as its budget has been held tight, so it is looking at building better scopes with less money. Doesn't take long to realize that a new scope will ultimately cost less than maintaining the old one currently in use, especially when, once that new scope is in place, it shouldn't have to be serviced for several years.

Hubble has been AWESOME, but it has served its time.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
................:jameo::jameo:

Attachments

• The%20Blob-746282.jpg
    The%20Blob-746282.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 50

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Way cool:
The Blob

The Hubble Space Telescope got its first peek at a mysterious giant green blob in outer space and found that it's strangely alive.

The bizarre glowing blob is giving birth to new stars, some only a couple million years old, in remote areas of the universe where stars don't normally form.
The other cool thing about this is who made the initial discovery , Dr. Brian May, who is better known as the lead guitarist for Queen.