Loughner’s Lawyer Is Called a Master Strategist

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"The capital-defense lawyer who will represent Jared L. Loughner in the shootings in Tucson, Judy Clarke, is a well-known public defender who gets life sentences in cases that often begin with emotional calls for the death penalty.

Ms. Clarke has helped a number of infamous defendants avoid death sentences, including Theodore J. Kaczynski, the Unabomber; Eric Robert Rudolph, the Atlanta Olympics bomber; and Susan Smith, the South Carolina woman who drowned her toddlers.

Over a legal career of more than 30 years, Ms. Clarke has become perhaps the best-known federal public defender in the country, with a reputation for taking on cases that seem impossible."

Link to original source here.

CrashTest

The folks you list were found guilty on evidence and/or pleas. None of the folks you list was found with a gun in their hands standing next to a dead judge. Not exactly a who-done-it.

ImnoMensa

The folks you list were found guilty on evidence and/or pleas. None of the folks you list was found with a gun in their hands standing next to a dead judge. Not exactly a who-done-it.

WHY?????

I now this man has a right to a defense attorney, but why does this one woman always show up to defend the indefensible.

Who is paying her? Is she doing this pro-bono? Does she enjoy the celebrity?
Why would anyone constantly show up to defend the mentally ill murderous slime that she obviously enjoys defending.

Is she as sick as they are ?

betty99

I foresee an insanity defense.

ICit, I imagine it is all of the above. I would like to be a positive person and say that she is standing up for the integrity of the system thereby affording all people equal representation under the law, no matter how reprehensible they are, but I believe it is for the celebrity and potential book deals.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Uh, are we really getting excited over a public defender who, to my knowledge, has never won a case? If by "winning" we mean that her client was found not guilty? Or got a reduced sentence?

All of her famous clients are currently incarcerated for life. Big whoop, they didn't get the death penalty - hardly anyone gets the death penalty anymore. My cat could get someone life instead of a death sentence. And even if they do get sentenced to death, they typically end up dying of old age before they get to Ol' Sparky.

So she's not all that great in my mind.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're viewing this rationally. You must view it from the Bizarro World, backwards perspective of a Lefty. :yay:
I understand that they're thrilled she'll prevent him from getting the death penalty, because they do no believe in capital punishment. But it really comes across as they're hoping she's so "brilliant" that she'll get him off altogether.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Have you seen her? She looks pretty unflappable.

The only person who seem to be "excited" in this thread was IMNOMENSA. Then hvp05 said in response to your wife something about Bizzaro world and lefties so I thought OMG IMNOMENSO is a leftie????? How do I convert and become a rightie?

Did you follow any of that?

No.

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
it was more like were just reporting the news.

Why is that "news"? He has a public defender - big whoop. She's defended other criminals - double big whoop. Hardly worth the discussions that were all over the TV last night and this morning, and the several online columns about how terrific she is.