11 in 11

red_explorer

Crystal Springs

I grew up across Metzerott from where the murder was today...been chatting with gradeschool buddies, many of whom lived there. It's sad....Crystal Springs was never the greatest place to live....but still. Its gone way downhill obviously. So has College Park Woods, from what I hear, and that's where we lived... We were all through those woods, on both sides of Metzerott, before and after the National Archives went in, and we knew the back ways to get into the golf course, and all....I guess its probably not safe anymore to let kids wander through there anymore. Very sad.....:bawl:

red_explorer

Oh...

And at that point, it wasnt really considered part of College Park...within the city limits, but anything on Metzerott wasnt. We didnt go to College Park schools...were bussed over to the DC line. I ended up at St Marks...also gone.... just sad....

stmaryschick

If the news channels keep talking about the 9 in 9, 10 in 10 and today 11 in 11, they will soon be talking about 30 in 30. When I first heard it on the news I thought it sounded like a challenge to every dead beat out there. Not saying not to talk about the individual murders, but perhaps stop sounding like they want someone killed in PG each day all year.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
If the news channels keep talking about the 9 in 9, 10 in 10 and today 11 in 11, they will soon be talking about 30 in 30. When I first heard it on the news I thought it sounded like a challenge to every dead beat out there. Not saying not to talk about the individual murders, but perhaps stop sounding like they want someone killed in PG each day all year.

Exactly! Idiot news people...

L

letmetellyou

Its not that bad, think they mentioned last year they had something like 95 murders and had a closing rate around 65%.

I think the earlier reported 9 murders indicated they hadn't a single suspect. Don't know about ten and eleven.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
With all the dead beats not paying child support and drug dealers out there, I have a job until I retire.

As far as suspects, I know today's murder there isn't one. But for most (if not all) they are apparently drug related. So at least it's not thugs out there killing random citizens for nothing.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
This country has states that have less murders in a year than PG has in two weeks. I wish I was kidding.
In 2009...

The population of P.G. totaled 834,560 and there were 99 murders.

The population of Vermont was 621,760 and there were 7 murders.

And New Hampshire had a population of 1,324,575 and there were 10 murders.

Together, VT and NH had 2.33x the population of P.G. but slightly more than 17% the number of murders.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Another shooting and death in PG, change the thread title to 12 in 12! Come on PG, you can do it!!

The wording in the news on this killing was weird, said it doesn't really count because the killing was justified because the homeowner killed someone who broke into his home! But you're still DEAD right? :confused::shrug: