Parents Of Alleged Shooter Jared Lee Loughner: 'We

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Parents Of Alleged Shooter Jared Lee Loughner: 'We Care Deeply About The Victims'

"Randy and Amy Loughner, the parents of alleged gunman Jared Lee Loughner, released a statement to the media for the first time on Tuesday.

"There are no words that can possibly express how we feel," the Loughner family said in a statement. "We wish that there were, so we could make you feel better."

"We don't understand what happened. It may not make any difference, but we wish we could change the heinous events of Saturday," the family said. "We care deeply about the victims and their families, and we are so very sorry for their loss."

Link to original source here.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If they REALLY cared they would have had that nutjob son of theirs in for a psych eval as soon as he was removed from PCC.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If they REALLY cared they would have had that nutjob son of theirs in for a psych eval as soon as he was removed from PCC.

Once he's hit that magic cutoff age they've no more ability to involuntarily commit him than you do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Once he's hit that magic cutoff age they've no more ability to involuntarily commit him than you do.

Yup.

I feel terrible for the parents and thought their statement was very nice. They could be on every news program out there - the fact that they've declined tells me they're probably decent people who are going through hell.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It isn't a crime to be crazy and that is the reason mental health funding and prescriptions have been cut drastically in many states. It is too bad that nobody takes notice until something major/tragic happens and it isn't easy, by no means, to get an emergency commitment on anyone, even your own child once they have become an adult. Often, the hospitals release them before the police officer returns to the station.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Parents Of Alleged Shooter Jared Lee Loughner: 'We Care Deeply About The Victims'

"Randy and Amy Loughner, the parents of alleged gunman Jared Lee Loughner, released a statement to the media for the first time on Tuesday.

"There are no words that can possibly express how we feel," the Loughner family said in a statement. "We wish that there were, so we could make you feel better."

"We don't understand what happened. It may not make any difference, but we wish we could change the heinous events of Saturday," the family said. "We care deeply about the victims and their families, and we are so very sorry for their loss."

Link to original source here.

WHAT! :cds:

Olbermann, Maddow, Maher, and the rest of the foaming-at-the-mouth left knows exactly why this nut ball committed this crime, yet the parents don’t?

HOW CAN THAT BE?????????? :jameo:

Fairmount

Yup.

I feel terrible for the parents and thought their statement was very nice. They could be on every news program out there - the fact that they've declined tells me they're probably decent people who are going through hell.

They are freaks...all the sorry can't change that they sucked as parents.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

The kid had an altar in a tent in the backyard. I dunno, I'd think that fact alone would have twigged my radar.

The students in the class could have petitioned the state to have him involuntarily committed as could his parents, and St. Sheriff Dupnik's dept also had a run in with him previously.:shrug:

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
The students in the class could have petitioned the state to have him involuntarily committed as could his parents:shrug:

Right, and what planet do you live on?

Something to think about:

Improperly cared for, the mentally ill can be a threat to society. According to statistics, due to deinstitutionalization, approximately 763,000 people who would have been in mental institutions approximately 40 years (1970's)
ago are living in today’s society (Roleff 72). This has caused numerous problems with increases in crimes. Unfortunately, the mentally ill are being handled as criminals. It is actually significantly cheaper to care for a mentally ill person in a mental institution where better care is provided than a prison, which is not specifically suited for a mentally ill person’s needs. Institutions offer appropriate care for the mentally ill where they can be monitored and live in a safe environment. Releasing them into society leads to more crimes and many mentally ill persons who cannot provide for themselves and thus become homeless.

The Great Society that sprang from the 60's and 70's are pay back now. PC will be a cruel joke on us 20 years from now.

We have lost our common sense.

Deinstitutionalization of the Mentally Ill, Page 3 of 7 - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
In 1955 the Joint Commission on Mental Health and Health was authorised to investigate problems related to the mentally ill. After winning the 1960 election President John F. Kennedy took a special interest in the issue of mental health because his sister Rosemary was mentally disabled.[1] Shortly after his inauguration, Kennedy appointed a special "President's Panel of Mental Retardation".[1] The panel included professional and leaders of the organization. In 1962, the panel published a report with 112 recommendations to better serve the mentally ill. In conjunction with the Joint Commission on Mental Health and Health, The Presidential Panel of Mental Retardation and Kennedy's influence, two important pieces of legislation were passed in 1963: The Maternal and Child Health and Mental Retardation Planning Amendments and the Mental Retardation Facilities and Community Mental Health Centers Act.[1] The first piece of legislation increased funding for research that focused on prevention methods of retardation. The second piece of legislation provided funding for community facilities that serve people with mental disabilities. Both of these Acts furthered the process of deinstitutionalisation.

Deinstitutionalisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
They are freaks...all the sorry can't change that they sucked as parents.

Apparently you never had known anyone with a drug problem. I know families where 4 of the 5 kids are role model citizens and one is a mess. I tend to think it might have more to do with other kids and role models. But then there is that kid that is just a mess for who know what reason.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
In 1955 the Joint Commission on Mental Health and Health was authorised to investigate problems related to the mentally ill. After winning the 1960 election President John F. Kennedy took a special interest in the issue of mental health because his sister Rosemary was mentally disabled.[1] Shortly after his inauguration, Kennedy appointed a special "President's Panel of Mental Retardation".[1] The panel included professional and leaders of the organization. In 1962, the panel published a report with 112 recommendations to better serve the mentally ill. In conjunction with the Joint Commission on Mental Health and Health, The Presidential Panel of Mental Retardation and Kennedy's influence, two important pieces of legislation were passed in 1963: The Maternal and Child Health and Mental Retardation Planning Amendments and the Mental Retardation Facilities and Community Mental Health Centers Act.[1] The first piece of legislation increased funding for research that focused on prevention methods of retardation. The second piece of legislation provided funding for community facilities that serve people with mental disabilities. Both of these Acts furthered the process of deinstitutionalisation.

Deinstitutionalisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to put in my .02 - mental illness and mental retardation (otherwise referred to now as intellectually or cognitively disabled) are not the same thing.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
The kid had an altar in a tent in the backyard. I dunno, I'd think that fact alone would have twigged my radar.

Not sure what the story is on this. He could have created the alter the previous night. Time will tell. Sounds like many people dropped the ball on this kid. I bet the parents had been though hell with this kid for the past 10 years and this just topped it. It is sad all around.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Apparently you never had known anyone with a drug problem. I know families where 4 of the 5 kids are role model citizens and one is a mess. I tend to think it might have more to do with other kids and role models. But then there is that kid that is just a mess for who know what reason.

Are you seriously trying to reason with a substance-afflicted criminal on the internet?

MMDad

Lem Putt

Alleged? Damn - great time for you to start toning down the rhetoric. But then again, now that it is known that he was a left wing nutbag, you feel he's a kindred spirit.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Alleged? Damn - great time for you to start toning down the rhetoric. But then again, now that it is known that he was a left wing nutbag, you feel he's a kindred spirit.

Given that the word "alleged" is in the title of the original article it would appear that you may have been skipping a synapse or two when you struggled to formulate this idea.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Just to put in my .02 - mental illness and mental retardation (otherwise referred to now as intellectually or cognitively disabled) are not the same thing.

No they are not... I've worked with mentally retarded children in the past. They are some of the happiest people unlike the mentally ill people I work with now - who are just frightening, at times.

Anyway, I was listening to the news tonight and a neighbor said something like if their children lost a ball over their fence, they'd rather buy a new one than deal with retrieving it. So, it sounds like the family, overall, might have been a bit strange.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Given that the word "alleged" is in the title of the original article it would appear that you may have been skipping a synapse or two when you struggled to formulate this idea.

As long as you post braindead crap from braindead sites, you are responsible for the content you post here. If you don't like it, stop. Pretty easy, isn't it?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It isn't a crime to be crazy and that is the reason mental health funding and prescriptions have been cut drastically in many states. It is too bad that nobody takes notice until something major/tragic happens and it isn't easy, by no means, to get an emergency commitment on anyone, even your own child once they have become an adult. Often, the hospitals release them before the police officer returns to the station.

And this is where ALL the current energy and emotion and passion needs to be directed, to work towards actual solutions that may well prevent this sort of thing in the future.

This guy, the Va Tech shooter, both worried people, scared people, friends and family and casual acquaintances about their mental state, prior to them going off. That, we know, is pretty common.

If we're gonna take advantage of a crisis, let's do something effective.