France is US Biggest Ally

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The President said so. :rolleyes:

France is our biggest ally, declares Obama: President's blow to Special Relationship with Britain

Tory MP Patrick Mercer, a former commander of the Sherwood Foresters regiment, said: 'I’m getting a bit fed up with the American President using terms like "best ally" so loosely.
'It’s Britain that has had more than 300 servicemen killed in Afghanistan, not France.

'That to my mind is a lot more powerful than any political gesture making.'

The remarks also angered conservatives in Washington.
Nile Gardiner, director of the Margaret Thatcher Centre For Freedom at the Heritage Foundation think-tank, said: 'Quite what the French have done to merit this kind of high praise from the U.S. President is difficult to fathom.

Beta84

They're out to get us
When was the last time France was our "biggest ally" -- Revolutionary War? :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Crap. I hope Britain doesn't unfriend us on Facebook now.

:lol:

This is actually a very outrageous statement for Obama to make. Of course, I would ask if this means we are following our buddies lead and going to start building way more nuke power.

Baz

This. ------------------>
:lol:

This is actually a very outrageous statement for Obama to make. Of course, I would ask if this means we are following our buddies lead and going to start building way more nuke power.

More nuclear power would be very smart.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
This is actually a very outrageous statement for Obama to make.

No it's not. He has take every opportunity if insult Britain as payback for imprisoning his father when Kenya was a British colony.

He's a petty, vindictive man and doesn't give a damn about the United States (just another "colonial" power)

Vince

Our president is the joke of the world. He's insulted all our "allies," Great Britain, Israel, etc., and taken on the morons of the world as our "new" allies. This "bow down to everyone" idiot president should be impeached as a traitor to his own country. If this is his country.