Thread: Going to Caps. game from St.Mary's

Going to Caps. game from St.Mary's

My husband and I are going to the Caps game on Friday night,staying over to Saturday. It is an anniversary weekend. Any suggestions for a nice dinner after the game? No chain restaurants please-ie. Chipotle, Hard Rock, Hooters- looking for something we can't get down here. Thank you.

McCormick and Schmick's

Fogo de Chao

Clydes - Gallery Place
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you. - Winnie the Pooh

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men. - Emile Zola

In DC

Quote Originally Posted by tuffenuff2 View Post
    My husband and I are going to the Caps game on Friday night,staying over to Saturday. It is an anniversary weekend. Any suggestions for a nice dinner after the game? No chain restaurants please-ie. Chipotle, Hard Rock, Hooters- looking for something we can't get down here. Thank you.
    There is a "legal Seafood" right across the street from the Verizon center. Great Seafood. Also, the Verizon center is located in Chinatown. Just walk north one block and you're in the middle of lots of chinese places. You can stroll down the street and peruse the menus that are posted in the windows. My wife and I have done thgat several times and have never been disappointed. Good luck and I hope you have a great time! Go Caps!

Just a couple

- Cuba Libre at 801 9th St NW (around H)

- 'Founding Farmers' (operated by the North Dakota Farmers Union, all fresh farm and ranch food) 1924 Pennsylvania Ave, NW

- 'Farmers and Fishers' same as Founding Farmers, just over at the Georgetown waterfront at 3000 K Street NW

- 'The Little Fountain Cafe' 2339 18th Street NW (Adams Morgan, very cozy, very personal in a walk-down basement)

- 'Grill from Ipanema' 1858 Columbia Rd NW brasilian food, soccer, bar

Enjoy the date.
    Last edited by officeguy; 01-13-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffenuff2 View Post
    District Chophouse or Jaleo

I went to a good tapas bar/restaurant across from the Verizon center called La Tasca. There website can be found here: La Tasca.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I went to a good tapas bar/restaurant across from the Verizon center called La Tasca. There website can be found here: La Tasca.
    I'm a big fan...they have one in Old Towne and in the Inner Harbor as well...
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day - Mr. J

Right around the corner in China Town is
    Tony Cheng's Mongolian Restaurant

I love them
    ~*Happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have~*

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.