Going to Caps. game from St.Mary's

tuffenuff2

My husband and I are going to the Caps game on Friday night,staying over to Saturday. It is an anniversary weekend. Any suggestions for a nice dinner after the game? No chain restaurants please-ie. Chipotle, Hard Rock, Hooters- looking for something we can't get down here. Thank you.

Freefaller

In DC

My husband and I are going to the Caps game on Friday night,staying over to Saturday. It is an anniversary weekend. Any suggestions for a nice dinner after the game? No chain restaurants please-ie. Chipotle, Hard Rock, Hooters- looking for something we can't get down here. Thank you.

There is a "legal Seafood" right across the street from the Verizon center. Great Seafood. Also, the Verizon center is located in Chinatown. Just walk north one block and you're in the middle of lots of chinese places. You can stroll down the street and peruse the menus that are posted in the windows. My wife and I have done thgat several times and have never been disappointed. Good luck and I hope you have a great time! Go Caps!

officeguy

Just a couple

- Cuba Libre at 801 9th St NW (around H)

- 'Founding Farmers' (operated by the North Dakota Farmers Union, all fresh farm and ranch food) 1924 Pennsylvania Ave, NW

- 'Farmers and Fishers' same as Founding Farmers, just over at the Georgetown waterfront at 3000 K Street NW

- 'The Little Fountain Cafe' 2339 18th Street NW (Adams Morgan, very cozy, very personal in a walk-down basement)

- 'Grill from Ipanema' 1858 Columbia Rd NW brasilian food, soccer, bar

Enjoy the date.

Last edited:

onel0126

Bead mumbler

District Chophouse or Jaleo

Hazel

I went to a good tapas bar/restaurant across from the Verizon center called La Tasca. There website can be found here: La Tasca.