Cake supply stores???

JeneBNell7

Hello all! I'm a cake decorator and I'm in desperate need of some supplies. Is there any where around here I can find a cake/bakery supply store? I'm looking for things that can not be found at Michael's or JoAnn's. I'm located in Lexington Park, so anything within a 30 mile radius would work fine, but the closer the better. I do know of Cakes N Things located in Waldorf, but they are very limited. Specifically at the moment I'm looking for Tylose, (used in making gumpaste), and some edible silver and gold paint, or dust that can be mixed with vodka to paint with. Any help is very much appreciated!! Thank you!!! :howdy:

Attachments

• Frosted Butterfly.jpg
    Frosted Butterfly.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 165

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Why would you drive all over town for something that you can order online and have delivered? :shrug:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Hello all! I'm a cake decorator and I'm in desperate need of some supplies. Is there any where around here I can find a cake/bakery supply store? I'm looking for things that can not be found at Michael's or JoAnn's. I'm located in Lexington Park, so anything within a 30 mile radius would work fine, but the closer the better. I do know of Cakes N Things located in Waldorf, but they are very limited. Specifically at the moment I'm looking for Tylose, (used in making gumpaste), and some edible silver and gold paint, or dust that can be mixed with vodka to paint with. Any help is very much appreciated!! Thank you!!! :howdy:

Nothing really down here for that, michaels is about the only selection, other than a/c moore in waldorf which to me has a bigger selection.

Why would you drive all over town for something that you can order online and have delivered? :shrug:

Only real place to get items you would need.

JeneBNell7

Well, I'd rather not drive all over town if that can be helped, and I typically do order online, but it would be great to find a place close to me for emergency runs or last minutes cakes that I have. (Which is my issue now)

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Well, I'd rather not drive all over town if that can be helped, and I typically do order online, but it would be great to find a place close to me for emergency runs or last minutes cakes that I have. (Which is my issue now)

Order express delivery and pass the cost onto the customer for being a PITA :coffee:

mdgirlie

Try the old Bowles Books store on Great Mills Rd. If they don't have what you need, you can at least order it from there and get it pretty quick.

Goofy20

Store in Waldorf called Cakes N Things. It has a lot of cake decorating tools. Its all about cakes there! lol. I think its in the same shopping center as Red Hot & Blue, Borders book store, Burlington Coat Factory, and Sports Authority. Good Luck!

Hello all! I'm a cake decorator and :blahblah: :blahblah: I do know of Cakes N Things located in Waldorf, but :blahblah: :blahblah: Any help is very much appreciated!! Thank you!!! :howdy:

There is a cake decorating store in Waldorf, it is in the same shopping center as Borders Books.

Store in Waldorf called Cakes N Things. It has a lot of cake decorating tools. Its all about cakes there! lol. I think its in the same shopping center as Red Hot & Blue, Borders book store, Burlington Coat Factory, and Sports Authority. Good Luck!

I might be wrong, but I think she knows about Cakes N Things in the Borders shopping center.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9

Yes, Cakes N Things does have Tylose- I buy mine from there. It's in powder form not liquid... There is no store around locally that sells it in liquid form.
As for the edible paint and/dust.... They have that too.....just ask the man or little ole lady behind the counter- they can order the color of your choice if it's not in stock.

soo.... no need for your advertisement... there is a place over here for that.