Best home daycares in St. Mary's County?

Hi all,

We're shopping for the impossible -- an infant opening in a daycare! (Fun times.) I've checked out the local centers and most were booked solid. So, I'm expanding the search to include home daycares. It's definitely a daunting task...there are so many names, but I don't know any reputations behind them.

A few years ago, there was a county website that offered quite a bit of information about providers (both home and daycare centers)...does anyone know what that might be? Hopefully it's still up and running...it was a grear rsource.

Any personal recommendations that folks could provide would be much appreciated. I've got a very sweet 7 month old who it'll be hard enough parting with....if I have to go back to work, I need some serious peace of mind!

Thanks in advance

JOKER

Great Mills Rd
Hi all,

We're shopping for the impossible -- an infant opening in a daycare! (Fun times.) I've checked out the local centers and most were booked solid. So, I'm expanding the search to include home daycares. It's definitely a daunting task...there are so many names, but I don't know any reputations behind them.

A few years ago, there was a county website that offered quite a bit of information about providers (both home and daycare centers)...does anyone know what that might be? Hopefully it's still up and running...it was a grear rsource.

Any personal recommendations that folks could provide would be much appreciated. I've got a very sweet 7 month old who it'll be hard enough parting with....if I have to go back to work, I need some serious peace of mind!

Thanks in advance

It might help if you list
What County and area do you live in.

jenbengen

Watch it
It might help if you list
What County and area do you live in.

Pssst...it might help if you read the entire posting (including the title). :smack:

I don't know of anybody taking infants right now, but I wish you luck on your search. That's such a hard one to find.

mamaof1

Locate

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Try calling The Promise Resource Center (formerly the Child Care Resource Center). 301-290-0040 or 0045. They can give you a listing of daycares in the area.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
:yeahthat: or call them....

Try calling The Promise Resource Center (formerly the Child Care Resource Center). 301-290-0040 or 0045. They can give you a listing of daycares in the area.
:yeahthat:

If you call them, one of the things you can as if if any of the providers in the area you are searching is accredited by the National Association for Family Child Care. There used to be about 60 or 70 of them in St. Mary's, but a quick check of NAFCC's site shows only about 10 or 15 now. You can go to NAFCC's website to see what it means to be accredited, but basically it is voluntarily agreeing to maintain a set of higher standards and submitting to additional inspections to verify that.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Why not just get a car with a large trunk - something like a lincoln towncar...
There was that woman in Waldorf a couple of years back that rented a storage unit and kept her kids there during the day. She might have been onto something.

rkrider

301 475 3770 Childcare licensing. They can give you a list of licensed/registered childcare providers in your area.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Maryland Committee for Children