I think I know what the problem might be!

limblips

PREMO Member
No joke here. I was just watching the news down here in Va Beach, they were talking to an administrator from Paul D. Camp Community College out in Franklin. He was bemoaning the decline in enrollments. His comment was: "well, half of our students are 21 or younger and half are 22 or older."

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
No joke here. I was just watching the news down here in Va Beach, they were talking to an administrator from Paul D. Camp Community College out in Franklin. He was bemoaning the decline in enrollments. His comment was: "well, half of our students are 21 or younger and half are 22 or older."

:tap:

Baz

This. ------------------>
The suspense is killing me, so I'll play.

Is it that not enough people are enrolling right out of high school?

limblips

PREMO Member
I can't believe I have to explain this. If half of the students are 21 or younger THEN the remainder MUST be 22 or older.

Baz

This. ------------------>
I can't believe I have to explain this. If half of the students are 21 or younger THEN the remainder MUST be 22 or older.

That's certainly true. At least he got the ratio right! :smile:

I was overthinking it. Reading into why he would have said that in response, as opposed to just looking at the response itself.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
If half of the students are 21 or younger THEN the remainder MUST be 22 or older.
Um, is that not, like, EXACTLY what you said the administrator said?
His comment was: "well, half of our students are 21 or younger and half are 22 or older."
:confused:

(Then again, do I really care what this is about? :lol:)

BOP

Um, is that not, like, EXACTLY what you said the administrator said?
:confused:

(Then again, do I really care what this is about? :lol:)

If you have a hundred people...no, let me simplify: if you have 2 people standing in a lineup, and half the people (all 1 of them) are UNDER 21, then by process of elimination, the other half of that lineup must be....

...wait for it....

...wait for it....

OVER 21!

Wow! Wasn't that amazing?

:yahoo:

hvp05

If you have a hundred people...no, let me simplify: if you have 2 people standing in a lineup, and half the people (all 1 of them) are UNDER 21, then by process of elimination, the other half of that lineup must be....

...wait for it....

...wait for it....

OVER 21!

Wow! Wasn't that amazing?
I still don't get it. :ohwell:

Can you try an example using fruit, or puppies?

limblips

PREMO Member
I still don't get it. :ohwell:

Can you try an example using fruit, or puppies?

If you have 2 puppies and I kill half of them, then half of them (1) are still alive! (unless I decide to kill all puppies since this is starting to make the voices that only talk to me tell me to play pro football and kill dogs). Get it now?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

So you're implying that when saying the glass is half full, saying it is also half empty is wrong? :cds:

limblips

PREMO Member
Why do you hate puppies?

Speciest!

What a big person you are calling me a "speciest" behind the safety and anonymity of your keyboard. I am not a speciest, I have met many puppies that I like. Some of them even live in my neighborhood. I have even owned a few but they turned in to dogs. I am an avid supporter of equal opportunity and affirmative action for all lifeforms including aliens and french people.

hvp05

If you have 2 puppies and I kill half of them, then half of them (1) are still alive! (unless I decide to kill all puppies since this is starting to make the voices that only talk to me tell me to play pro football and kill dogs). Get it now?
Why do you hate puppies?
I hope my rhetoric did not kill those hypothetical puppies. :ohwell:

Ya beat me to it..again.
I'm... sorry. :pete:

BOP

What a big person you are calling me a "speciest" behind the safety and anonymity of your keyboard. I am not a speciest, I have met many puppies that I like. Some of them even live in my neighborhood. I have even owned a few but they turned in to dogs. I am an avid supporter of equal opportunity and affirmative action for all lifeforms including aliens and french people.

Not you, DA. HVP05 hates puppies and commits unnatural acts with oranges!