Hey, you can't do good deeds in my town!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
City Councilwoman Wanda Adams, who has been an advocate for the homeless during her tenure, said she planned to review the ordinance. She reiterated the importance of the city's rules but applauded the efforts of the Herrings.
"I'm very passionate about what they're doing," she said. "Somebody needs to make sure our homeless people are being taken care of. ... We have to look as a city to see if there are other ways we can partner with people like this who are trying to help."

Sounds like there might be at least one person in government with some sense.

But, yeah, you're right. This is one of those instances where the over-reaching Big Brother effect makes it impossible to do what needs to be done. Sounds like whoever proposed that "public feeding" ordinance has a head on their shoulders -- too bad they haven't acted on it yet. Hope nobody's starved in the meantime... :rolleyes:

RPMDAD

Good ole govt. at it again, always complains they can't afford social programs for the needy, but when citizens step in to help, stop them immedietly with government red tape, which the govt. has unlimited funds for.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I wonder who's federal funding is being impacted that political pressure would force the closing of a free service to the hungry!