Edward Hall Aquatic Center,P.F.

annemayer

Has anyone been and can you tell me if the water is seriously kept warm? Is the facility nice? My youngest really wants to go,but the one in Great Mills is such a craphole and always freezing,so I'm willing to make the drive if it is worth it.

Peter Forsberg

Has anyone been and can you tell me if the water is seriously kept warm? Is the facility nice? My youngest really wants to go,but the one in Great Mills is such a craphole and always freezing,so I'm willing to make the drive if it is worth it.
I did not go swimming so I can't comment on the water temperature but the place looks really nice inside and seemed really clean. I was impressed and that is hard to do.
http://www.co.cal.md.us/assets/PoolFees012110.pdf

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

14 y.o. goes often with friends & loves it. No clue about water temp -- will check with him when he gets home form friend's house.

annemayer

Sounds good guys. I'm going to give it a try. I was so excited when the one opened in Great Mills but initially it was like getting checked into a concentration camp where this manager guy would make you get hosed down,and then it just wound up being so cold and crowded it has no appeal to us at all.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Something tells me that as the word gets around to people in other counties how nice the indoor pool in P.F. is, they will begin using it and telling their family and friends about it, and then they will begin using it, and then the facility won't be so nice anymore. (Oh, and the new pool patrons just might like Calvert County enough to apply for a Section 8 voucher. It's always nice to find a new area to tear up.)

Can you actually degrade PF? Any worse and it would be quarantined, isn't it already the rectum of Calvert County?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Can you actually degrade PF? Any worse and it would be quarantined, isn't it already the rectum of Calvert County?

Excuse me? My neighborhood happens to be very nice. And so is the place where I'm employed. There are a lot of nice areas in the 20678 zip code. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RPMDAD

Siding with Proud_Nana and Bann 100% on this one, have never had any problems in PF at all. in any way shape or form. The new Aquatic Center is very nice and state f the art, not sure about the exact water temp, other than heated.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
That is really RUDE!! There are a very few areas in PF, that aren't the best, but there are many other areas in the county that are at lot worse than PF.

The pool is very nice and the different areas are different temperatures. See Edward T. Hall Aquatics Center for details.

Siding with Proud_Nana and Bann 100% on this one, have never had any problems in PF at all. in any way shape or form. The new Aquatic Center is very nice and state f the art, not sure about the exact water temp, other than heated.

No because you don't live here. :whistle:

Consider the source. he's from Lexington Park! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up, just kidding. PF is no more of a s-hole than the rest of the county :flowers:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Your county or our county. :flowers:

:buddies: All the counties. I made the post because of Hazy's dumb A remarks. I lived in Calvert after my divorce and liked it, only thing I didn't like was the emissions test but hey, trying to make the worlds air cleaner is a good thing

RPMDAD

:buddies: All the counties. I made the post because of Hazy's dumb A remarks. I lived in Calvert after my divorce and liked it, only thing I didn't like was the emissions test but hey, trying to make the worlds air cleaner is a good thing

10-4 :buddies:

TigerTeacher

Water Temp

So... the original question was how was the pool and was the water "seriously" warm.

I can give you a first hand answer to this question. I swim there on a regular basis, and I take classes there.

The water temperature fluctuates. The spa (hot tub), when open, is always warm. (I'm not big on public spas, so I don't get in much at all. Been twice.)

The main pool supposedly stays in the 80s, but there are days it is a bit chilly. It's usually warm though, but that is a relative estimation. On any day, one would get used to it fairly quickly. You ARE suppose to shower before you get in, but if you take a hotter shower, the water will seem colder.

All in all, water stays pretty warm for a huge swimming pool. The biggest problem you have is finding a time when you can actually have space for a "Free Swim" (although they always seem to make a small area available) or laps. There are a lot of swim lessons and school swim practices going on. They always seem to cross into when a working person may want to hit the pool after work.

For anyone outside CALVERT, please know it's a disgusting, swampy, non-cholorined pool. Don't waste your time traveling over. It's really, really horrible and you'll just have wasted a trip. YUCK! What a disgusting pool. I would not recommend you get near it!

(I'm sure that humor will be missed by the mean tempered folks on this site.)
:dye:

Bonehead

I swim regularly

At both facilities. Water temperature is generally in the low 80s. It feels warm to some but cold to others. GMills pool does get dirty sometimes but the staff is very willing to listen and set things right if you find a mess.