WikiLeaks To Get Offshore Banking Files.....

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Swiss whistleblower Rudolf Elmer plans to hand over offshore banking secrets of the rich and famous to WikiLeaks

"The offshore bank account details of 2,000 "high net worth individuals" and corporations – detailing massive potential tax evasion – will be handed over to the WikiLeaks organisation in London tomorrow by the most important and boldest whistleblower in Swiss banking history, Rudolf Elmer, two days before he goes on trial in his native Switzerland.

British and American individuals and companies are among the offshore clients whose details will be contained on CDs presented to WikiLeaks at the Frontline Club in London. Those involved include, Elmer tells the Observer, "approximately 40 politicians".

Elmer, who after his press conference will return to Switzerland from exile in Mauritius to face trial, is a former chief operating officer in the Cayman Islands and employee of the powerful Julius Baer bank, which accuses him of stealing the information.

He is also – at a time when the activities of banks are a matter of public concern – one of a small band of employees and executives seeking to blow the whistle on what they see as unprofessional, immoral and even potentially criminal activity by powerful international financial institutions."

Read more here.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Would it be 'off shore' banking if the government did it? Like, say, borrowing money from, say, China, because it's cheaper, to save money?

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I made that kind of money and the government tried to confiscate half of it, I'd try to figure out a way to hide it from them as well.

Of course I'm also not whining about "tax cuts for the wealthy" and how the rich need to pay more. So there's that.