Airport View Dr. blocked

MichelleLea

Personally I'm glad to see it. I knew a few that have lost their lives at that intersection. Some were victims and not at fault. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I've almost been hit by someone crossing in front of an oncoming car that "just" missed by bumper by inches.

I'm glad something has finally been done about a known DANGEROUS intersection. Ask anyone that works on APV Dr., or has tried to cross over and they'll ALL tell you it's about time.

Besides that; I'm never in that much of a hurry that I need to bolt from traffic light to light. I plan my time to assume all the lights will be red for me.:cheers:

RPMDAD

Personally I'm glad to see it. I knew a few that have lost their lives at that intersection. Some were victims and not at fault. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I've almost been hit by someone crossing in front of an oncoming car that "just" missed by bumper by inches.

I'm glad something has finally been done about a known DANGEROUS intersection. Ask anyone that works on APV Dr., or has tried to cross over and they'll ALL tell you it's about time.

Besides that; I'm never in that much of a hurry that I need to bolt from traffic light to light. I plan my time to assume all the lights will be red for me.:cheers:

You are making entirely too much sense here...:cheers:

Probably won't make much difference. Ever notice how many accidents happen at red light intersections?

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
They need to make St. John's Rd a southbound entrance only with no crossover so they don't need to install another light. Enter from 235 S and exit to 235 S.

I second that. Now when does the construction start or should we just block the intersection with cones?

officeguy

That place was pretty scary. Lots of crossing volume going into either airport-view or over towards bruusters and vehicles going 70 in both directions on 235. I just wonder whether some 45mph signs and layout changes to the crossover could have provided increased safety without the addition of a light.

ltown81

The problem with Airport View is too many cars pile in the intersection. I have counted 4-5 cars in there at a time, and it is gridlock because someone is afraid to go. At night, it is hard to gauge by headlights what lanes people are in and such. I for one am glad to see that light. It will be like the one in front of LHS, where you wonder why it took so long.