smow...sleet and freezing rain

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 9 am EST Tuesday...

* Precipitation type...smow...sleet and freezing rain. Freezing rain will have the most significant impact.

* Accumulations...less than one inch of smow and sleet accumulation. Around one tenth of an inch of ice accumulation.

* Timing...a mix of smow and sleet will develop this evening between 10 PM and midnight. Smow and sleet is expected to change to freezing rain between midnight and 2 am...and will continue through much of the night. Freezing rain will then change to rain early Tuesday morning.

* Temperatures...around 30 tonight and early Tuesday morning. Highs Tuesday afternoon around 40.

* Winds...northeast 5 to 10 mph tonight. Becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph Tuesday.

terbear1225

...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 9 am EST Tuesday...

* Precipitation type...smow...sleet and freezing rain. Freezing rain will have the most significant impact.

* Accumulations...less than one inch of smow and sleet accumulation. Around one tenth of an inch of ice accumulation.

* Timing...a mix of smow and sleet will develop this evening between 10 PM and midnight. Smow and sleet is expected to change to freezing rain between midnight and 2 am...and will continue through much of the night. Freezing rain will then change to rain early Tuesday morning.

* Temperatures...around 30 tonight and early Tuesday morning. Highs Tuesday afternoon around 40.

* Winds...northeast 5 to 10 mph tonight. Becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph Tuesday.

sounds like tomorrow morning could be interesting. any bets on school delays?

RPMDAD

Yukka Mukka, snow i hate but can deal with. absolutely hate freezing rain, sleet and icy roads.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
sounds like tomorrow morning could be interesting. any bets on school delays?

If there is still ice on the roads (especially the side roads) by 4 AM, the schools will start with 2-hour delays and then play it by ear, depending upon when the rain starts.

I'm betting on a 2-hour delay but we'll still be getting up at 5:00 AM, just like on a regular school day.

bcp

In My Opinion
roads are getting slick up here now.
I just ran down and got fuel in the truck. slick in some spots, just wet in others.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
From my window - I can see that it's sleeting here, cars are coated with ice. Looks like a slight bit of slush on the road in our development. Hope it turns to rain soon.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Wet roads from Lusby to Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Travel was ~60mph with zero problems. Bridge to Eisenhower Ave/Mill Rd was a solid sheet of ice. Good thing once I get off the bridge, I don't have far to drive to get to work.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Wet roads from Lusby to Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Travel was ~60mph with zero problems. Bridge to Eisenhower Ave/Mill Rd was a solid sheet of ice. Good thing once I get off the bridge, I don't have far to drive to get to work.

:yeahthat:
I didn't find any problems on the main roads (particularly Rt 4), just an occasional patch here and there. But our parking lot is just a melting sheet of glass. :donuts:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Don't know where you got that info from. It should've said....

* Precipitation type...rain...sleet and freezing rain. Freezing rain will have the most significant impact.

* Accumulations...less than one inch of rain and sleet accumulation. Around one tenth of an inch of ice accumulation.

* Timing...a mix of rain and sleet will develop this evening between 10 PM and midnight. Rain and sleet is expected to change to freezing rain between midnight and 2 am...and will continue through much of the night. Freezing rain will then change to rain early Tuesday morning.

Nothing but wet roads in St. Mary's.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well then you should have stayed tuned to the St.Mary's forecast? :duel: St. Mary's isn't the ONLY County considered part of SOMD. :whistle: Either the forecaster was totally wrong on SMOW, or some parts of the area got some and you didn't? I see ice outside now, and last night I saw sleet, so I'm not sure if anyone got SMOW?

There was no snow forcast for St. Mary's. All the forcasts had us getting some freezing rain at the most.

I don't remember, do you live north?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Well then you should have stayed tuned to the St.Mary's forecast? :duel: St. Mary's isn't the ONLY County considered part of SOMD. :whistle: Either the forecaster was totally wrong on SMOW, or some parts of the area got some and you didn't? I see ice outside now, and last night I saw sleet, so I'm not sure if anyone got SMOW?

Please reread my post and point out where I said SOMD = St. Mary's County and only St. Mary's County.

I did watch the forcast for St. Mary's and St. Mary's was forcast for rain and freezing rain.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST EARLY THIS MORNING...

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...FREEZING RAIN

* ACCUMULATIONS...ICE ACCUMULATIONS UP TO ONE TENTH INCH.

* TIMING...FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE EARLY MORNING HOURS...GRADUALLY CHANGING TO RAIN FROM SOUTH TO NORTH BY SUNRISE.

* TEMPERATURES...LOWER 30S.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN OR FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS. SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. [/FONT]

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
round two is coming ......

Tonight
Cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the evening...then rain and snow showers likely after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. West winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Some smow tonight??

Tonight: Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 29. East wind at 7 mph becoming southwest. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.