1/18/11 St. Mary's County Schools - 2 hr delay

Severa

Common sense ain't common
St. Mary's County Public Schools will open 2 hours late today, Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2011, with no AM prekindergarten classes. Code 1 for employees.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Unfortunately, I was in the garage starting the car when the call came in. I missed it. :ohwell:

We only got wet in St Mary's, is the school not confident of its bus drivers?
I believe that the conditions of the school parking lots and sidewalks were what drove this morning's delay moreso than the roads. Remember that St. Mary's has a "northern" end and though we may have only seen "wet" in the mid and southern regions, the county has to make a call based on the entire county. Our northern end borders Charles County which closed for the entire day.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
The back roads in Mechanicsville and Charlotte Hall had ice earlier. Trees are still coated but the roads were mostly okay by the time the buses started.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I believe that the conditions of the school parking lots and sidewalks were what drove this morning's delay moreso than the roads. Remember that St. Mary's has a "northern" end and though we may have only seen "wet" in the mid and southern regions, the county has to make a call based on the entire county. Our northern end borders Charles County which closed for the entire day.

Gee, a voice of reason.

OldHillcrestGuy

Yes you can thank the northern end for a 2 hour delay, still have ice on the trees and on the ground, nothing seems to be melting much, the ice that did stick to our streets in our development is just now melting away. Still cloudy and somewhat foggy in Charlotte Hall.