Would you eat a slice of...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
... human cheese?

If it sounds freaky, one woman, Miriam Simun, has already begun producing it.

While my focus is usually on information technology, I was particularly interested in Simun’s innovative approach to exploring the ethics of biotechnology and sustainable food production. Simun pushes the boundaries in the already contentious and topical conversation of biotechnology. I welcome the opportunity to have my assumptions challenged.

How about you? Does the idea of human cheese fascinate, disgust, or make you feel uncomfortable? Why?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I would be willing to try it (If the milker has been tested for disease)

I believe I read an article about this several years ago.

Good idea. Breast milk should not go to waste.

Cheese/Crackers. :yum:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Why do you find it so gross?

Not really sure -- that was my first reaction. Maybe because I was a bottle-fed baby?

I agree with you that breast milk shouldn't go to waste but I'd be more in favor of things like breast milk banks that kept it in its original form for use by babies who need the nutritive value.

Nope, haven't changed my mind -- still sounds icky to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not a huge fan of milking women like they were livestock. And it's unlikely I would want to eat some stranger's bodily fluids.

But you all help yourselves.

These people are just 'testing the waters' for a future eventuality....

"To Serve Man" "It's a cookbook!!!!!"

"Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!!!"

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'm not a huge fan of milking women like they were livestock. And it's unlikely I would want to eat some stranger's bodily fluids.
I would try it, figuring the person had been tested, etc. But I think that and the "livestock" points are rather big hindrances to the process. One woman can produce for only so long, so there would need to be a regular flow of women willing to be tested and participate.

I also found this interesting... or maybe just strange...
an online marketplace for breast milk – where women regularly arrange to sell and donate their milk.
Who would think to look for something like that, nonetheless establish such a thing?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I would try it, figuring the person had been tested, etc. But I think that and the "livestock" points are rather big hindrances to the process. One woman can produce for only so long, so there would need to be a regular flow of women willing to be tested and participate.

I also found this interesting... or maybe just strange...
Who would think to look for something like that, nonetheless establish such a thing?

I don't know how many women on here breastfed, but I kept producing milk for five years after my babies were born.

I weaned the first at one year and the second at three weeks.

I still produced milk.

:shrug: