Chancellors Run Rd.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I wonder if they're ever gonna pave it? Maybe they're waiting for the tundra to thaw.
Asphalt isn't normally made in the winter months due to the increased costs of getting the mix to the right temperature and the short amount of time there is to work with it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not an option for some of us:) Of course, if you choose your lane correctly, its not really an issue. South bound has one bad point, at the intersection with Buck Hewitt. Left lane right there has a divot. Northbound, the whole right lane once you pass Buck Hewitt is bad. But the left is okay.

glhs837

Power with Control
That depends on what you drive. If you dont pick your lane, and drive a low to the ground car with a stiff suspension, it is pretty bad.

CrashTest

I've noticed with a lot of road "improvements" around here it seems to take just as long to finish the last 10% as it did to complete the first 90%.

Then there's the new traffic lights. They go up right away but they don't turn them on for a year later. How long was that light on Buck Hewitt hanging up there doing nothing? Same thing with the light on Rt4 next to Tires Plus.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Saw two unmarked cars working Chancellor Run Raceway other night. It was teamwork
personified. One started at either end, then when one would sneak up and hit the lights behind some poor innocent driver doing 75, they would pull them over.
The other waited until traffic cleared the 'obstruction' and picked up the pace to 75 again.
Boom, they would leapfrog and pull another poor innocent over.
It was impressive, bet they never made it all the way to the finish line without nailing somebody.

Saw two unmarked cars working Chancellor Run Raceway other night. It was teamwork
personified. One started at either end, then when one would sneak up and hit the lights behind some poor innocent driver doing 75, they would pull them over.
The other waited until traffic cleared the 'obstruction' and picked up the pace to 75 again.
It was impressive, bet they never made it all the way to the finish line without nailing somebody.

Too bad they can't do that on 235!!!

glhs837

Power with Control

Yep, a little enforcement there isn't a bad thing. I'm not the slowest person in the world, but even so, twice in the last few days I have had folks blow by me doing what must have been upwards of 65 or better. As for doing it on 235, I do wish they would, not so much for speed but for stupid. Cutting in with less than 1/4 car length, multiple lanes at once, using the turn lane, they could write paper all day long.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Yep, a little enforcement there isn't a bad thing. I'm not the slowest person in the world, but even so, twice in the last few days I have had folks blow by me doing what must have been upwards of 65 or better. As for doing it on 235, I do wish they would, not so much for speed but for stupid. Cutting in with less than 1/4 car length, multiple lanes at once, using the turn lane, they could write paper all day long.

You're right. Unfortunatley, they seem to think writting speeding tickets is the cure all when, in fact, accidents are caused by people who do all that other stupid stuff.

Floyd2004

-Void-
Cutting in with less than 1/4 car length, multiple lanes at once, using the turn lane, they could write paper all day long.

Happens EVERYDAY for the people turning from 235 onto 4 in the evening.
I see people FLY up the next lane over and then try to shove their way in right at the turn.
Good thing I dont go up 235 much. I try to avoid it at those times.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Too bad they can't do that on 235!!!

Must be a recurring assignment as I saw an unmarked workin it tonight. That boy must have had a cramp by the end of the shift.:killingme
Still got blown off the road and I was lazying along @ 50 as soon as we went past.

sockgirl77

I haven't noticed the road being that bad but then again I drive the speed limit, which happens to still be 40 mph.

glhs837

Power with Control
You're right. Unfortunatley, they seem to think writting speeding tickets is the cure all when, in fact, accidents are caused by people who do all that other stupid stuff.

Normally, I'm the loudest voice in that particular choir. But in this case, the speeds are so out of range for the roadway in question that they are going to cause wrecks through speed alone. On 235, 60-65, once you pass Gate 1, unless its crowded, and you drive with some semblance of skill, theres no real danger. Lots of space, not too many entrances, accel and deccel lanes. But Chancellors, there are a lot of driveways and other entrances, and al its going to take is one case of some idiot, who isn't happy with me doing 50-55 in the left lane, he passes on the right, going 60-65.

But he doesnt see the nice old lady entering that right lane from say Heards Estates, and nails her . Its about reaction times, both for the speeder and the folks who just flat are not scanning far enough ahead to see someone closing at +20 or +30mph. So, yes, I think in this case, saturation speed enforcement is in order, followed by random follow ups once a month or so. I'm all about safe speed, but these bozos are the kind that give speeders a bad name.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Normally, I'm the loudest voice in that particular choir. But in this case, the speeds are so out of range for the roadway in question that they are going to cause wrecks through speed alone. On 235, 60-65, once you pass Gate 1, unless its crowded, and you drive with some semblance of skill, theres no real danger. Lots of space, not too many entrances, accel and deccel lanes. But Chancellors, there are a lot of driveways and other entrances, and al its going to take is one case of some idiot, who isn't happy with me doing 50-55 in the left lane, he passes on the right, going 60-65.

But he doesnt see the nice old lady entering that right lane from say Heards Estates, and nails her . Its about reaction times, both for the speeder and the folks who just flat are not scanning far enough ahead to see someone closing at +20 or +30mph. So, yes, I think in this case, saturation speed enforcement is in order, followed by random follow ups once a month or so. I'm all about safe speed, but these bozos are the kind that give speeders a bad name.

:yay:
Absolutely, it's all about reaction time. I was following a bus - until I realized I was doing 60 and he was pulling away from me. I don't mind a spirited road run every so often, but this road ices up at the drop of a degree, entrances, turn arounds (?) blind entrances. How would you like to see your kid on a school bus going sideways on CRR?
I see a road designed to put income generating devices on - speed cameras.:cds: