Any news about a Sonic Drive-in

Toxick

Splat
9 out of 10 county commissioners agree that they will see us all in ####ing hell before allowing a sonic to be put here.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'm sure a lot of progress has been made on this since the last time this was asked. What was it, last week? :rolleyes:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Has anyone heard anything new about a Sonic Drive-in being built in St. Mary's county?

Yes, I heard they've approved the site and got the zoning approved for it go between Scheible's and Courtney's.

It was either there or at the base of second bridge span on ths St Mary's side of the Patuxent River.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I moved to Ohio and they have a sonic where I live, so one day me and a freind went there for lunch, icky, the food sucked so bad I may never go there again. It aint all its cracked up to be. JMO. But bad bad and worse.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
...and I don't have somebody cleaning up the dropped fries or spilt milkshake either. Nobody is going to bring me a refill on my iced tea or an extra napkin when my son gets sloppy
Carhops... :whistle:

Attachments

• carhop.jpg
    carhop.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 68

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I moved to Ohio and they have a sonic where I live, so one day me and a freind went there for lunch, icky, the food sucked so bad I may never go there again. It aint all its cracked up to be. JMO. But bad bad and worse.

x2. I went to one in Alabama last summer...first time at a Sonic for me. Once was indeed enough; they can put one here but it will never see me in my vehicle.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I ate at a Sonic.
I went to the one in Fredericksburg last year. Walked all the way around it looking for the door :lol:
Ever watch "Happy Days"? Or been to a drive-in restaurant?
Not everyone is OCD about their car! :lmao:

Sure, but they had great big cars with wide bench seats, I haven't had a front bench since my '61 Impala. The glove box door was a dining table, about the size of an airplane fold down tray

PrepH4U

I went to the one in Fredericksburg last year. Walked all the way around it looking for the door :lol:

Sure, but they had great big cars with wide bench seats, I haven't had a front bench since my '61 Impala. The glove box door was a dining table, about the size of an airplane fold down tray

They also had indentations for glasses, the insides were big enough to hold more than a stinking car manual also.