Walmart to sell healthier foods

AP sources: Wal-Mart to make, sell healthier foods

WASHINGTON - Wal-Mart is expected to announce that it will reformulate thousands of products to make them healthier and push its suppliers to do the same.

Two people familiar with the announcement say first lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to join Wal-Mart executives at an event Thursday to begin the effort. The two people spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about it publicly.

The company plans to reduce sodium and sugars in some items, build stores in poor areas that don't already have grocery stores, reduce prices on produce and develop a logo for healthier items.

Beta84

They're out to get us
i thought walmart already existed in poor areas. where on earth does peopleofwalmart.com come from?

i thought walmart already existed in poor areas. where on earth does peopleofwalmart.com come from?

build stores in poor areas that don't already have grocery stores

Walmart, of course, has stores in poor areas. But, some poor areas don't have Walmart (grocery stores) or any grocery stores at all.

ImnoMensa

I wish the Government and Mooshell would leave our food alone.

Stop making gasoline out of it,
Stop telling me what I can eat
Stop screwing around with small farmers who sell produce
Stop telling Walmart where they have to build their stores.
Stop worrying about fast foods and toys in the happy meals.

Mooshell should do something with that caboose she is carrying around before worrying about mine or my kids.

Why is it that she thinks because her Kenyan husband got elected she has to have some function besides looking like a bum when she gets off Air Force One.

Matthew

I wish the Government and Mooshell would leave our food alone.

Stop making gasoline out of it,
Stop telling me what I can eat
Stop screwing around with small farmers who sell produce
Stop telling Walmart where they have to build their stores.
Stop worrying about fast foods and toys in the happy meals.

Mooshell should do something with that caboose she is carrying around before worrying about mine or my kids.

Why is it that she thinks because her Kenyan husband got elected she has to have some function besides looking like a bum when she gets off Air Force One.

Definitely a case of do as I say and not as I do.

Remember this is the b***h who was admitted to an Ivy League school as a result of AA, but then complained because she couldn't find enough"minority"students to"relate" to.

Also, that ridiculous statement she made a couple of weeks ago, that the army could not find enough recruits because of the obesity problem.

Like charity, she should start at home before making the rest of us follow her" rules."