Viewer Trust In Fox News Plummets In Past Year

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"A poll gauging public trust in TV news has found that PBS is the most trusted name in news, while trust in Fox News has dropped significantly. According to a survey from Public Policy Polling, "a year ago a plurality of Americans said they trusted Fox News. Now a plurality of them don't.

"In a survey taken a year ago, PPP found that Fox was the most trusted news network, with 49 percent saying they trusted the network, and 37 percent saying they did not. In the new poll, 42 percent said they trusted the network while 46 percent disagreed.The new reigning champion is PBS, which was not included in last year's inaugural poll. The public broadcaster was found to be trusted by 50 percent of respondents, and distrusted by 30 percent -- the closest any news network has come to gaining the trust of a majority of Americans."

Link to original source here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would love to know who they polled, because PBS has long been a bastion of liberal opinion and almost no real news. Which is why nobody watches it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
nobody watches it.

Exactly. Hence it matters not a wit what anybody's poll numbers purport to show.

And I love how the article describes a decline in polling numbers from 49 to 42 as 'plummeting'. :killingme Obama's favorability number? Now that is what a a 'plummet' is.

ImnoMensa

Exactly. Hence it matters not a wit what anybody's poll numbers purport to show.

And I love how the article describes a decline in polling numbers from 49 to 42 as 'plummeting'. :killingme Obama's favorability number? Now that is what a a 'plummet' is.

When the story told of PBS being the most trusted news source the rest of the story was proven right there to be bogus.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Being considerate, as I always am, of the need to put civility above all else, is it OK to say that Fox is, as usual, thoroughly spanking all other cable news channels? Can I call it 'annihilating' instead of 'spanking'?:whistle:

At least you didn't say "killing" :lol:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Anyone else watch the new American Idiol???

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 18

philibusters

I would love to know who they polled, because PBS has long been a bastion of liberal opinion and almost no real news. Which is why nobody watches it.

I don't really watch PBS, but I think it goes into stories in more depth, since ultimately ratings are not quite as important for it and it can afford to be more boring.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
My first thought was, "PBS has news? :confused:"

From the rankings, it appears that even the polling companies (excluding the DONK party) don't consider PBS to have news either. They don't even show up on the radar.

Poor stupid Nono. Not enough brain power to make the propeller on his beanie move.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
"A poll gauging public trust in TV news has found that PBS is the most trusted name in news, while trust in Fox News has dropped significantly.

That's great news :yahoo:
Now there is absolutely no reason to maintain any sort of tax payer funding for PBS

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Being considerate, as I always am, of the need to put civility above all else, is it OK to say that Fox is, as usual, thoroughly spanking all other cable news channels? Can I call it 'annihilating' instead of 'spanking'?:whistle:

You are now using code words to disguise your hate speech! :jameo: