So...Ice? Rain? or Blizzard: Tues-Weds?

Hessian

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i12.gif

According to the 72 hour outlook: we are in the bulls eye!
Oops, did I offend a Liberal with my unfeeling weapons-based comment?
How's that Al-Gore global warming thing working out for ya?

anyway: back on subject: Get out the snow shovels & load in the pellets/wood!
If you must: bread, TP, milk, & eggs by tomorrow or you'll be left empty-handed.

Enjoy it weather watchers!!
Personal Prediction:Lusby:
4 inched of snow and some ice: at least ONE day out of school.

NEXT???

Bay_Kat

Tropical

If you must: bread, TP, milk, & eggs by tomorrow or you'll be left empty-handed.

NEXT???

you should have said cross hairs.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
To Whom It May Concern:

I am tired of being teased by the prospect of "smow".

We ain't gettin' nuttin' but rain.

:popcorn:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

NEXT???

:yahoo: I've already got my stuff, I'm ready! :yahoo:

awpitt

Main Streeter

Get out the snow shovels & load in the pellets/wood!

NEXT???

Calm down. I'm tired of all the media hype (and forumite hype) about weather. 2011 is starting out as the season of, "the storms that never happened".

At this point, forecast models differ significantly as to whether or not the mid-Atlantic will see snow, a mix or snow and rain or nothing at all. While we are still several days out from the event, many storms this season that have been indicated in models as being significant have not materialized for our region.

You do have prediction right though... There'll probably be a day of school closings as that happens as soon as they talk about a possible winter storm.

Hessian

Calm down. I'm tired of all the media hype (and forumite hype) about weather. 2011 is starting out as the season of, "the storms that never happened".

Hey,....that bug must be impervious to bitter cold weather!
Follow up prediction: 75% chance the Pax river freezes over at the Benedict bridge by Monday.

BOP

I haven't looked at my post count in a very long time, wow. Think I'll celebrate by deleting a bunch of old one. :killingme

I've been wondering how one does that ever since I found out that youknowwho - the one who posts garbled, broken, text-english, and then turns around and immediately deletes them.

You know, that sentence is just never gonna comply with the rules of english structure, no matter what I do. Screw it. Too early. You know what I mean.

:coffee:

PS: neber min' I dun fingered it out...

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm gonna keep you kiddies guessing. :evil:
:backtoplayinwifthebush/chaneyweathermachine:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The latest map: http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i12.gif

still has us in the 1.5 in precip: if it were cold enough: that would be over 10 inches...but since some will be rain (as always)...I still say 4+ inches-soggy wet stuff.
That's interesting. Here's my NOAA update. No accumulations predicted...

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. East wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Wednesday: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 39.

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 38.41°N and Longitude 76.71°W
Last Update: 6:26 am EST Jan 23, 2011

royhobie

hobieflyer

NEXT???

If it comes at night, we should get some snow. Warm weather will likely work in and then it will once again be mainly rain. Nonetheless, the State will enjoy spending more of your tax dollars for rain and salt the roads well in advance, whether it occurs or not. Most of this will again blow up in the air. By the time any precip gets here.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
as always ... it's too soon to KNOW what will happen. We can still plan the smow parties .... I tried to get Baja to invite us over, but I don't think he saw those posts in that other thread .... hmm ..... we were trying for a jello match LOL :popcorn:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
as always ... it's too soon to KNOW what will happen. We can still plan the smow parties .... I tried to get Baja to invite us over, but I don't think he saw those posts in that other thread .... hmm ..... we were trying for a jello match LOL :popcorn:
I'd hold off on those snow parties. With temps. above freezing to 40 it's doubtful we'll see accumulation.

And you know you are always invited over. :love: