Your Kids Are Targeted!

royhobie

hobieflyer
Opps, shouldn't have said targeted. Not a politicially correct word these days. Have you noticed that "wine" has slowly, but surely added flavors to many types of wine? I've seen chocloate, strawberry, cherry and others. Still trying to find orange. Haven't seen it yet. Not in to these artificially flavored wines. Hard to wind the natural taste of the grape when sweetners are added. If you want sweet wine, a natural desert wine called "Ice Wine", which on the average costs 4 to 5 times more is very sweet.

Meanwhile, these artifically flavored wines are lined up for under age kids. It's a matter of another market for the industry, at the expense of your child.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
Someone gave a bottle of the chocolate wine to my wife this year.
So I tried it. Im not one to like wine.

it tasted like a mudslide. If I ever think about it while at the beer store, I do plan to pick a couple bottles of it up.

FMarquart

Meanwhile, these artifically flavored wines are lined up for under age kids. It's a matter of another market for the industry, at the expense of your child.

It comes down to good parenting! Talk to your kids about this...And how do you know it is only "targeting" kids? Maybe adults like the new flavors??

Frank

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Opps, shouldn't have said targeted. Not a politicially correct word these days. Have you noticed that "wine" has slowly, but surely added flavors to many types of wine? I've seen chocloate, strawberry, cherry and others. Still trying to find orange. Haven't seen it yet. Not in to these artificially flavored wines. Hard to wind the natural taste of the grape when sweetners are added. If you want sweet wine, a natural desert wine called "Ice Wine", which on the average costs 4 to 5 times more is very sweet.

It was available when I was a kid, mad dog 20/20 and Boones Farm.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
This is funny. I was in Walmart last week and saw this very you girl at the self check out trying to buy a bottle of wine. I thought it was strange because kids don't normally go for wine. Anyway, the self check out makes you put your license through to check age and she got very upset when this happened to her and pretty much ran out of the store before the woman working there came over to her.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

And just how are these "kids" supposed to buy it?? Last time I checked the age to purchase alcohol was 21. How the hell can a company "target" a consumer group that does not legally exist??

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
This is funny. I was in Walmart last week and saw this very you girl at the self check out trying to buy a bottle of wine. I thought it was strange because kids don't normally go for wine. Anyway, the self check out makes you put your license through to check age and she got very upset when this happened to her and pretty much ran out of the store before the woman working there came over to her.
Exactly. Thank you! :lol: :high5:

Last edited:

Littlebit

Where do you live that has a WalMart that sells wine?

royhobie

hobieflyer
It comes down to good parenting! Talk to your kids about this...And how do you know it is only "targeting" kids? Maybe adults like the new flavors??

Frank

You're correct. However, kids are more likely to go for the sweetened stuff. For example, the wine with the natural wood flavor of the barrell, kids would reject any wood flavor. The flavor of sweentners or candy, they would not.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Pampering verse Parenting produces broad differences in how children are raised. My wife has a sweet tooth and may like a chocolate wine taste, when we start going down this road of targeting our kids because parents these days don't have the sense to teach kids right from wrong we will eventually become a society that pulls toys from McDonald's Happy Meals because that MUST be the reason for your fat a$$ kids! (Oh wait that already happened...)

In the PC culture, parents are no longer accountable. Government will invent a new policy, restriction, regulation, or medication for your shortcomings. Then you can live life happily ever after with no guilt, responsibility, and join the ranks of other mindless fools waiting for the new rules. :coffee:

royhobie

hobieflyer
And just how are these "kids" supposed to buy it?? Last time I checked the age to purchase alcohol was 21. How the hell can a company "target" a consumer group that does not legally exist??

Most places are pretty good at checking ages. The Enterprise and County Times reported the recent St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office operation that caught several establishments for selling alcohol to minors. When I was a minor, I knew exactly where to purchase alcohol if I wanted to buy it by word of mouth from other minors. This is was true then, and remains true today. Kids know what places check and what places don't. Thankfully, most places check pretty good.

BOP

Get an older person to buy it for you, like I...er, friends of mine did!

:whistle:

itsrequired

Most places are pretty good at checking ages. The Enterprise and County Times reported the recent St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office operation that caught several establishments for selling alcohol to minors. When I was a minor, I knew exactly where to purchase alcohol if I wanted to buy it by word of mouth from other minors. This is was true then, and remains true today. Kids know what places check and what places don't. Thankfully, most places check pretty good.

You must be the resident idiot where you live.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Get an older person to buy it for you, like I...er, friends of mine did! :whistle:
Royhobie is an idiot. He said that wine makers are now targeting children. WTF did that come from?? The voices in his head? :crazy:

Last edited: