Woman hangs and burns dog for chewing bible

Silver301

Cool Dude
So, when you see Christians this is what you see?

When I think of people who are absolutely convinced of the truth of their beliefs, this is the kind of person I would point to. You would dismiss her as being crazy, but I don't see her as being any more irrational than Starman or Marie...at least not based on this one act.

99% of Christians are nothing like her...but she is a Christian. She killed and burned that dog because she believed it was possessed. Does the bible not speak of such things? Given a biblical worldview, isn't it completely possible that the dog was a demon sent to deface the Word of God?

Contemporary society might say that this woman was simply out of her mind...but the views of contemporary society are just the views of man...shouldn't they be disregarded when they conflict with the Word of God?

Toxick

Splat
99% of Christians are nothing like her...but she is a Christian. She killed and burned that dog because she believed it was possessed. Does the bible not speak of such things? Given a biblical worldview, isn't it completely possible that the dog was a demon sent to deface the Word of God?

Possible, yes.

However, there was nothing in the article that indicated that the dog was anything other than a dog.

When faced with demonic possession (or alleged miracles), even the church looks for evidence of a malevolent (or benevolent) forces before charging pell mell into exorcism (or whatever).

I'm fairly sure that this insane woman's claim that this dog was a "devil dog" is not supported by the religious community at large, even if the concept of possessed animals is not discounted entirely.

foodcritic

When I think of people who are absolutely convinced of the truth of their beliefs, this is the kind of person I would point to. You would dismiss her as being crazy, but I don't see her as being any more irrational than Starman or Marie...at least not based on this one act.

Contemporary society might say that this woman was simply out of her mind...but the views of contemporary society are just the views of man...shouldn't they be disregarded when they conflict with the Word of God?

Maybe it was possessed? :whistle:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat

Exactly. Next thing you know, these people will be flying airplanes into buildings. Oh wait.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I don’t know the first thing about Starman or Marie. But I find it disturbing that you’d lump them in with a crazed animal butcher. I don’t mean to sound disrespectful but you are practicing the same narrow thinking that you accuse Starman and others you lump him in with.

In every realm of thought, belief system, philosophy, political movement, etc… you have your extreme fanatics that don’t get the core understanding of their cause. They stray off the deep end.

Starman and Marie may be extremely passionate and perhaps somewhat radical (from certain points of view) but I don’t see anything from them that indicate they wish harm on anyone or anything.

foodcritic

Exactly. Next thing you know, these people will be flying airplanes into buildings. Oh wait.

Or your worldview of just killing for killings sake? Communism sound familiar. Survival of the fittest maybe. No.... you must me way to enlightened for that. :whistle:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member

Is she? Or is it that she claims to be a Christian. There are many that go by the appellation of Christian that are not.

thatguy

Is she? Or is it that she claims to be a Christian. There are many that go by the appellation of Christian that are not.

did you read the part about her killing the dog for damaging her bible? If a "muslim" killed a dog in a similar manner for chewing her koran, would you be making the same distinction?

foodcritic

did you read the part about her killing the dog for damaging her bible? If a "muslim" killed a dog in a similar manner for chewing her koran, would you be making the same distinction?

I would not care ITS A DOG. Some place still eat them. ( I own 2):cds:

Starman3000m

Well... since you asked; If the woman had been a Muslim she probably would not have owned the dog in the first place. You see, that guy, the Islamic prophet, Muhammad, forbade Muslims from owning dogs as pets (except for guard dogs) because the angels will not visit a household where a dog is. Yep, true story. Here is what the Ahadith (sayings of Muhammad) claim - according to Islam:

A puppy deterred the "Archangel Gabriel" from entering Muhammad's house, thus, dogs are ordered to be killed. (from Sahih Muslim, Book 024, Number 5246)
"A'isha reported that Gabriel (peace be upon him) made a promise with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. And there was in his hand (in the hand of Allah's Apostle) a staff. He threw it from his hand and said: Never has Allah or His messengers (angels) ever broken their promise. Then he cast a glance (and by chance) found a puppy under his cot and said: 'A'isha, when did this dog enter here? She said: By Allah, I don't know He then commanded and it was turned out. Then Gabriel came and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: You promised me and I waited for you. but you did not come, whereupon he said: It was the dog in your house which prevented me (to come), for we (angels) do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture."

Also; Sahih Muslim, Book 024, Number 5248:
"Then on that very morning he commanded the killing of the dogs until he announced that the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but he spared the dog meant for the protection of extensive fields (or big gardens)."

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 447: Narrated ‘Aisha:
I stuffed for the Prophet a pillow decorated with pictures (of animals) which looked like a Namruqa (i.e. a small cushion). He came and stood among the people with excitement apparent on his face. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is wrong?" He said, "What is this pillow?" I said, "I have prepared this pillow for you, so that you may recline on it." He said, "Don't you know that angels do not enter a house wherein there are pictures; and whoever makes a picture will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and will be asked to give life to (what he has created)?”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 448: Narrated Abu Talha:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal).”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 450: Narrated Salim's father:
Once Gabriel promised the Prophet (that he would visit him, but Gabriel did not come) and later on he said, "We, angels, do not enter a house which contains a picture or a dog.”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 539: Narrated Abu Talha:
The Prophet said, "Angels do not enter a house whitch has either a dog or a picture in it.

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 540: Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar:
Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed.

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 541: Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "If somebody keeps a dog, he loses one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds everyday, except if he keeps it for the purpose of agriculture or for the protection of livestock.”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 542: Narrated Sufyan bin Abi Zuhair Ash-Shani:
That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If somebody keeps a dog that is neither used for farm work nor for guarding the livestock, he will lose one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds everyday.”

Sahih Muslim Book 004, Number 1032:Abu Dharr reported:
The Messenger of 'Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.

Sunan Abu Dawud: Book 16, Number 2839: Narrated Abdullah Ibn Mughaffal:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one.

Do dogs really frighten angels away as Islam claims? Are black dogs demons that should be killed as Islam claims? Yes, or, No?

There Is Only One Truth

Last edited:

thatguy

Well... since you asked; If the woman had been a Muslim she probably would not have owned the dog in the first place. You see, that guy, the Islamic prophet, Muhammad, forbade Muslims from owning dogs as pets (except for guard dogs) because the angels will not visit a household where a dog is. Yep, true story. Here is what the Ahadith (sayings of Muhammad) claim - according to Islam:

A puppy deterred the "Archangel Gabriel" from entering Muhammad's house, thus, dogs are ordered to be killed. (from Sahih Muslim, Book 024, Number 5246)
"A'isha reported that Gabriel (peace be upon him) made a promise with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. And there was in his hand (in the hand of Allah's Apostle) a staff. He threw it from his hand and said: Never has Allah or His messengers (angels) ever broken their promise. Then he cast a glance (and by chance) found a puppy under his cot and said: 'A'isha, when did this dog enter here? She said: By Allah, I don't know He then commanded and it was turned out. Then Gabriel came and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: You promised me and I waited for you. but you did not come, whereupon he said: It was the dog in your house which prevented me (to come), for we (angels) do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture."

Also; Sahih Muslim, Book 024, Number 5248:
"Then on that very morning he commanded the killing of the dogs until he announced that the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but he spared the dog meant for the protection of extensive fields (or big gardens)."

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 447: Narrated ‘Aisha:
I stuffed for the Prophet a pillow decorated with pictures (of animals) which looked like a Namruqa (i.e. a small cushion). He came and stood among the people with excitement apparent on his face. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is wrong?" He said, "What is this pillow?" I said, "I have prepared this pillow for you, so that you may recline on it." He said, "Don't you know that angels do not enter a house wherein there are pictures; and whoever makes a picture will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and will be asked to give life to (what he has created)?”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 448: Narrated Abu Talha:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal).”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 450: Narrated Salim's father:
Once Gabriel promised the Prophet (that he would visit him, but Gabriel did not come) and later on he said, "We, angels, do not enter a house which contains a picture or a dog.”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 539: Narrated Abu Talha:
The Prophet said, "Angels do not enter a house whitch has either a dog or a picture in it.

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 540: Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar:
Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed.

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 541: Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "If somebody keeps a dog, he loses one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds everyday, except if he keeps it for the purpose of agriculture or for the protection of livestock.”

Sunnah Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 542: Narrated Sufyan bin Abi Zuhair Ash-Shani:
That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If somebody keeps a dog that is neither used for farm work nor for guarding the livestock, he will lose one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds everyday.”

Sahih Muslim Book 004, Number 1032:Abu Dharr reported:
The Messenger of 'Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.

Sunan Abu Dawud: Book 16, Number 2839: Narrated Abdullah Ibn Mughaffal:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one.

Do dogs really frighten angels away as Islam claims? Are black dogs demons that should be killed as Islam claims? Yes, or, No?

There Is Only One Truth

nobody said anything about muslims owning dogs.....

but you did a really good job of ignoring the point i WAS MAKING. that when christians do something horrific, other christians are quick to claim they "aren't really chrisitans", but then dont make the same exceptions for people of different religions.

thatguy

thats a good example. The only muslim interivewed in the story said that this was not consistent with the teaching of the koran and that;
"It's reprehensible," he said of honor killings. "It's wrong."

Ramey pointed out that a verse in the Koran specifically states that there is no compulsion in religion, meaning that people can not be compelled or coerced into being Muslim or adhering to a certain set of rules.

"People have to obey or adhere to Islam ... according to the dictates of their own conscience," he said.

"It's certainly not part of the religion," he said," to run people down with vehicles."

so obviously, the person in the story is only being called a muslim, not actually a muslim, just like this dog killer only called herself a christian, and isn't really one, right?

Starman3000m

thats a good example. The only muslim interivewed in the story said that this was not consistent with the teaching of the koran and that;

so obviously, the person in the story is only being called a muslim, not actually a muslim, just like this dog killer only called herself a christian, and isn't really one, right?

The Fundamental teachings of Muhammad gives Muslims the to obligation to LIE if it is in the best interest of Islam so as to gain advantage over non-Muslims.

Muhammad, not only encouraged honor killings for those who left Islam, he commanded that they be killed. Would you like me to post the Islamic verses that state these commands? I'd be happy to - just say the word.

thatguy

The Fundamental teachings of Muhammad gives Muslims the to obligation to LIE if it is in the best interest of Islam so as to gain advantage over non-Muslims.

Muhammad, not only encouraged honor killings for those who left Islam, he commanded that they be killed. Would you like me to post the Islamic verses that state these commands? I'd be happy to - just say the word.

sorry, i am going to beleive the actual muslim about this one and not starman, the self appointed king of all religions :killingme