Unwanted Fruit Trees

BELDsmom

Does anyone know of alternative ways to get rid of fruit trees? Will a nursery come dig them up maybe? I don’t want to cut them down, or destroy them but I want them out of my yard. I have a few apple, peach and something else. Any ideas? Thanks

onelove6366

I'd take a few of the not so huge ones. Can't come and get them now though! How many do you have and where are you located?

Why would you want to get rid of them?

Does anyone know of alternative ways to get rid of fruit trees? Will a nursery come dig them up maybe? I don’t want to cut them down, or destroy them but I want them out of my yard. I have a few apple, peach and something else. Any ideas? Thanks

BELDsmom

I'd take a few of the not so huge ones. Can't come and get them now though! How many do you have and where are you located?

Why would you want to get rid of them?

Bees & Kids do not mix. I plan to replace them with something not fruit bearing. I'll get out there this week and see how big they are and PM you the information.

Vince

Did fruit trees for a lot of years, the trimming, spraying, etc. Too much trouble. The birds always got the peaches. Best tree I ever planted was an Asian Pear/Apple. Great tree, no trimming, no spraying, and the fruit looked like an apple but had the texture an taste of a pear.

onelove6366

Hey - I'm allergic to bees but it doesn't keep me inside when the weather is even close to being warm enough for me to play in the dirt!

I live in Charles County but my husband works in Calvert. I would love to take some of your trees off of your hands if they aren't too big!

There used to be an Oak in our back yard to match the one in our front yard (about 100' tall - really big) but before we bought the house it was struck by lightning and the previous owners had to take it down. The back of the house gets SO hot in the summer becuase the sun bears down on it and there is nothing to shade us like in the front. So, a couple of years ago I wanted to plant a tree there that would be fast growing. Selected an Empress Tree. Well, it is probably about 2' taller then it was when I started which puts it at about 4' at best! I can't keep the damn deer off of it no matter what! I spray with Liquid Fence, plant 4 O'clocks (which deer don't like) all around it and they still get to it!

So, lesson here is be selective with what you decide to plant - to try to avoid the deer situation!

Thanks ahead of time for the PM - keeping my eyes out for it!

QUOTE=BELDsmom;4508399]Bees & Kids do not mix. I plan to replace them with something not fruit bearing. I'll get out there this week and see how big they are and PM you the information.[/QUOTE]

yankee44

If you cant find anyone to take your big trees I would love to come cut them down for you and take to wood for use in my smoker.