Groundhog Says...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was disappointed to discover the truth .....

"The Groundhog Day celebration is rooted in a German superstition that says if a hibernating animal casts a shadow on Feb. 2, the Christian holiday of Candlemas, winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow was seen, legend said spring would come early.

In reality, Pennsylvania's prophetic rodent doesn't see much of anything. The result is actually decided in advance by 14 members of the Inner Circle, who don tuxedos and top hats for the event."

Punxsutawney Phil predicts an early spring - wtop.com

I was disappointed to discover the truth .....

"The Groundhog Day celebration is rooted in a German superstition that says if a hibernating animal casts a shadow on Feb. 2, the Christian holiday of Candlemas, winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow was seen, legend said spring would come early.

In reality, Pennsylvania's prophetic rodent doesn't see much of anything. The result is actually decided in advance by 14 members of the Inner Circle, who don tuxedos and top hats for the event."

Punxsutawney Phil predicts an early spring - wtop.com

If you want to know whether or not to put faith into their prediction, you could always flip a coin to get a 2nd opinion... heads they are right... tails 6 more weeks of winter. :smile:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Given today's date, I say there is a very good chance we'll have weather that appears to be "Winter" for another 6 weeks at least. :eyebrow:

If you want to know whether or not to put faith into their prediction, you could always flip a coin to get a 2nd opinion... heads they are right... tails 6 more weeks of winter. :smile:

I mean, it COULD be worse. Instead of 6 weeks or 42 days, it COULD be another month and a half!!!! :yikes:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This is a MUCH more scientific method.

Taylor Gas just left our house, they installed a tank, ran a gas line, and installed a new fireplace..

Winter is now officially over.. there will be NO more cold weather this season.