What's wrong with this cop?

PJumper

@ 11:00 am came out of the Bean building medical center heading southbound 235. I did a full stop at the "Stop" sign before I proceeded south on the merge lane since 2 suvs were coming fast on the left most lane. As they blow by me doing at least 65-70 (I was doing just under 60 at the time), a cop from the northbound side did a U turn and started to tail me. He clearly saw the 2 suvs but it's like they were never there. He followed all the way past the Airport view road before turning into one of the side roads there. I was wondering why he chooses to tail me. I'm thinking maybe because I'm non-caucasian or that I'm driving a sports car. Or maybe both!

Last edited:
R

retiredweaxman

Maybe it has nothing to do with you.

Perhaps the cop was running a speed trap on 235 S, caught someone, had to go north on 235 and do the u-turn to return to his/her observing spot...

Dedee

@ 11:00 am came out of the Bean building medical center heading southbound 235. I did a full stop at the "Stop" sign before I proceeded south on the merge lane since 2 suvs were coming fast on the left most lane. As they blow by me doing at least 65-70 (I was doing just under 60 at the time), a cop from the northbound side did a U turn and started to tail me. He clearly saw the 2 suvs but it's like they were never there. He followed all the way past the Airport view road before turning into one of the side roads there. I was wondering why he chooses to tail me. I'm thinking maybe because I'm non-caucasian or that I'm driving a sports car. Or maybe both!

I've had a police officer do that to me wlile I was driving a mini van and I am a white female. I think they just like to scare people sometimes. Maybe the guys in the suvs were too much to handle.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've had a police officer do that to me wlile I was driving a mini van and I am a white female. I think they just like to scare people sometimes. Maybe the guys in the suvs were too much to handle.

I get tailed, too. W/F/sports car. I don't feel like I'm being tailed because I'm female or drive a sports car. :rolleyes:

glhs837

Power with Control
I quite often see them light up the radar from standby to full power once they distinguish my car, but they usually dont follow me.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I quite often see them light up the radar from standby to full power once they distinguish my car, but they usually dont follow me.

They've been tailing me for 10 years. I think they have just about given up on the old hag in the sports car.

Two-er

I think they just like to scare people sometimes. Maybe the guys in the suvs were too much to handle.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Not sure if they realize how distracted the driver becomes and the dangerous situation it creates. Wouldn't matter anyway since the cops around here aren't known taking safety and/or common sense into account.

Abc123

I get tailed all the time, especially in Calvert. No sports car, never speeding, texting, weaving, nothing. And I'm a white female. Sometimes, I think they are just running plates randomly to see if we have a history of speeding, open warrants, w/e.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I put on the cruise control just to mess with them. Eventually they give up and pass or turn off.

blacklabman

I get tailed all the time, especially in Calvert. No sports car, never speeding, texting, weaving, nothing. And I'm a white female. Sometimes, I think they are just running plates randomly to see if we have a history of speeding, open warrants, w/e.

Nobody never speeds. I suppose you also always come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

glhs837

Power with Control
Nobody never speeds. I suppose you also always come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

Trust me, as a guy who speeds most of the time, this county is just chock full of folks who WILL NOT EVER SPEED!!!!!!!! Really. Having spent a lot of time on Rt 5 between Great Mills and L-town behind a few of them (old men in base model pickups, I'm looking at you:)) there are many people who wont even go the limit.

So yes, there are folks who never speed. Not me, although I rarely exceed 9mph or so over.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I speed all of the time. And I'm lucky as crap that I haven't been caught in a really long time.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You are so very blessed...:huggy:
It must be that aura of "ain't nothin' goin' get me down" that I have about me that keeps the cops at bay. :biggrin:

Until tonight's drive home, that is. :zoomzoom: :givemeyourdriverslicenseandinsuranceinformationplease: