Another Super Bowl Thread - Kid Rock

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Anybody mad about Kid Rock wearing a flag poncho over a wife beater t-shirt while singing about all his hoes and crack and money? Why are more people outraged over a saggy boob?

dustin

UAIOE
:burning: I was pizzed about it! But don't know why I forgot to post somethin :confused:

With the tribute to the lost space shuttle crew and with everything going on miltary wise, someone might have said something to him?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
The super bowl being the height of tackiness didn't leave me surprised when they trotted out some guy in an astronaut suit holding a flag for the national anthem.:barf:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:confused: Wait a sec; I thought the astronaut w/flag thing was a tribute to the crew that lost their lives in the shuttle disaster?

Still, a little tacky, all the same.

KidRock? What can you say? Little by little, we, as a society are being subjected to this kind of BS.

As time goes by, "we get used to it", and sometime down the road, (yeah, I'm on my soapbox - again), we're going to wonder how all this $#it happened. Where did it all start?

Face it, for a lot of people - nothing much bothers them anymore, what they - or their kids see on TV. They've already
gotten inured to it.

ceo_pte

Originally posted by penncam
:confused: Wait a sec; I thought the astronaut w/flag thing was a tribute to the crew that lost their lives in the shuttle disaster?

Still, a little tacky, all the same.

KidRock? What can you say? Little by little, we, as a society are being subjected to this kind of BS.

As time goes by, "we get used to it", and sometime down the road, (yeah, I'm on my soapbox - again), we're going to wonder how all this $#it happened. Where did it all start?

Face it, for a lot of people - nothing much bothers them anymore, what they - or their kids see on TV. They've already
gotten inured to it.

I agree Penn! It's a gradual thing and people just let it go, b/c they don't won't to be troubles by it. But it's disgusting how much sex our kids are exposed too. No wonder girls are getting pregnant at age 13. I perssonally didn't even watch the 1/2 time show, but was disgusted when I heard what happened. I'm not for lawsuits, but I sure wish someone would drop a big one on CBS, MTV, or even the performers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kid Rock = True American Hero

How symbolic! Spewing juvenile anthems while draped in the Flag of Freedom that protects said spewing.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Think about it, though...

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I was wondering if this was going to become an FCC issue. :killingme
Six months from now, is anybody going to remember this episode of Timberlake/Jackson/MTV/CBS and the lies they're giving us?

Entertainers have been doing these kinds of publicity stunts for what seems like eons to me.

It's just getting tackier and tackier, as the years go by.

And don't give me this crap that young teens aren't affected by what they see on the tube.

The first thing they want to do is emulate their favorite stars in public: for mine and your benefit :barf: !

Take a look at the newest teen fashions; the next thing that'll be HOT will be Janet Jackson's halftime outfit. (nipple star will be optional):crazy:

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Y'all can :biteme: I love Kid Rock. :neener: I think his intentions were good with the flag thing. The vast majority of people aren't taught appropriate displaying of old glory.

All of his work with the USO and the money he's donated to the families who lost someone on the USS Cole more than makes up for that faux pas IMHO.

H

headinsouth

even with all this....

I am thankful my team is NFC... I couldn't take listening to Gumbal and Simms every week... I thought they were terrible to listen to.. but don't send in Deon.. I'll get used to them.:boo:

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Re: Think about it, though...

Originally posted by penncam
Six months from now, is anybody going to remember this episode of Timberlake/Jackson/MTV/CBS and the lies they're giving us?

Entertainers have been doing these kinds of publicity stunts for what seems like eons to me.

It's just getting tackier and tackier, as the years go by.

And don't give me this crap that young teens aren't affected by what they see on the tube.

The first thing they want to do is emulate their favorite stars in public: for mine and your benefit :barf: !

Take a look at the newest teen fashions; the next thing that'll be HOT will be Janet Jackson's halftime outfit. (nipple star will be optional):crazy:

I totally agree with you Penn. There's no dignity left. Janet and Justin should be ashamed - why not rely on talent, why must it always be shock?

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by Christy
Y'all can :biteme: I love Kid Rock. :neener: I think his intentions were good with the flag thing. The vast majority of people aren't taught appropriate displaying of old glory.

All of his work with the USO and the money he's donated to the families who lost someone on the USS Cole more than makes up for that faux pas IMHO.

All true....but you think that someone could've told him that was an incorrect display of the ensign.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Think about it, though...

Originally posted by citysherry
I totally agree with you Penn. There's no dignity left. Janet and Justin should be ashamed - why not rely on talent, why must it always be shock?
WOW!:barf: I just saw a news segment on MSNBC where two poeple were interviewed on last night's Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake antic, and the woman, Bridget Klein, from Celebrity Entertainment, thought it was COOL!

I can't quote her word for word, but what she was expousing was that it's today's trend; shock value is what counts.

She couldn't say whether it was a planned event ot not, but said something to the point that when you have celebrity singers/actors taking part in a show like this, you have to be prepared for something like this to happen.

Is tha-a-at ri-i-i-ight, Bridget?

So, that's your way of explaining it away?

The other person was from Family Planning or some such organization, and he was totally outraged by the comments coming from this woman.

He was trying to get across to her that the Super Bowl was watched by nearly 100 million people last night, many of whom were under aged-kids, especially on the west coast where the kickoff time was earlier, and had no business being shown to that audience.

It seemed to fall on deaf Hollywood ears.:rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You just don't expect that sort of thing in the Super Bowl. Our older girls were like, "Yeah, like anyone wants to see Janet Jackson's 40 year old boobs :duh:" But the 12 year old was scandalized. And the young boy that was there with us was pretty shocked. It was uncomfortable but all the parents there just played it off - "Well, THAT was rude" and "I hope you girls never grow up to be the kind of women that flash your boobs at a Super Bowl crowd."

As parents, you're supposed to be able to choose what your kids are exposed to. That's why mine weren't allowed to watch MTV or BET until they were a LOT older. Now they've got flashing boobs during the Super Bowl, where you don't expect it. So now they've taken "if you don't like it, turn it off" to a whole new level.

dustin

UAIOE
Flag code

United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10

176. Respect for flag

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by vraiblonde
You just don't expect that sort of thing in the Super Bowl. Our older girls were like, "Yeah, like anyone wants to see Janet Jackson's 40 year old boobs :duh:" But the 12 year old was scandalized. And the young boy that was there with us was pretty shocked. It was uncomfortable but all the parents there just played it off - "Well, THAT was rude" and "I hope you girls never grow up to be the kind of women that flash your boobs at a Super Bowl crowd."

As parents, you're supposed to be able to choose what your kids are exposed to. That's why mine weren't allowed to watch MTV or BET until they were a LOT older. Now they've got flashing boobs during the Super Bowl, where you don't expect it. So now they've taken "if you don't like it, turn it off" to a whole new level.
What do you suppose the chance of "full frontal" at the Grammy Awards would be? I wasn't planning on watching it but maybe now I will. Maybe the Olympics will have "penetration" during their opening ceremonies, being European and all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You know...

...isn't it odd how we all see things?

What I saw:

Janet Jackson, an amazing talent duped into a jeuvenille stunt with an incredibly, astonishingly, galactically untalented goober by the GENIUS'S that run her shows.

It changes every thing I ever thought of her integrity and sense of art if this was her idea.

P Diddy: Saved in the least talented sweepstakes by our hero Boob Boy.

Kid Rock: Love it or leave it all American redneck. The ONLY one that belonged (save Nelly) at an effing football game.

For anyone who cares:

The Aerosmith of the opening ceremonies is the Aerosmith of my youth: Drugged up, cracking up, sounding like a bag of rusty nails in a dryer.

THAT is how horrible they sounded live back in the day.

PS: Janet loses points for doing her songs taped and her "Mistake
with Clambake" with live mic.

Kid was live. BONUS POINTS.

Piddly and Nelly were taped. Lose points.

Gunn317

Wow, well I can see how old you all are that visit in these forums here. I'm in my 30's (with 2 kids) and didn't mind it a bit. In fact, I was at a SB party with my parents, grandparents, sister and other non-relatives and we had TIVO to rewind and see if that was real or not. Shock value yes, but keep your panties on. It's all I'm hearing about today. Enough already!

Aerosmiths music was great and certainly got everyone in the mood for football, though they are dated. Janet was great and it was good to see her performing again...I guess we seen more than we bargained for. Kid Rock rocked the house and his display of the flag didn't bother me...and I did notice that when he pushed it off, there was someone to catch it (respectful).

Later,

btw, I have a 2.5MB Windows Media Video of the few seconds before and after, if anyone wants it. ;)