Toots.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I didn't but Ray has signs everywhere saying that for $240,000 you get it all. That includes everything in it and the out buildings but there is a $2,000 a month rental fee. Not sure but I guess that means the house and lot???

You buying? I'll patronize the "Desert Rat Inn"...:cheers:

I didn't but Ray has signs everywhere saying that for $240,000 you get it all. That includes everything in it and the out buildings but there is a $2,000 a month rental fee. Not sure but I guess that means the house and lot???

Couldn't afford it all, but was looking for the person that was interested. I would never change the name. Bad mojo. The rental could be a plus or minus and negotiable, no doubt. Plus I want to know why they are selling. Guess I'd have to ask. Reason is son wants to start his own, but it would seem to me to make more sense to buy an established place. With someone who has been an employer.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Plus I want to know why they are selling. Guess I'd have to ask. Reason is son wants to start his own, but it would seem to me to make more sense to buy an established place. With someone who has been an employer.
Ray said he is finally had enough and is too old to keep it up. He wants to spend time with his family & grandkids and relax more.

Couldn't afford it all, but was looking for the person that was interested. I would never change the name. Bad mojo. The rental could be a plus or minus and negotiable, no doubt. Plus I want to know why they are selling. Guess I'd have to ask. Reason is son wants to start his own, but it would seem to me to make more sense to buy an established place. With someone who has been an employer.
You mean your youngin' son? Oh hell no. A bar is no business for someone still wet behind the ears. There is a reason these bars keep going back on the market. I see a bar as being a possible business for someone retired who doesn't need the income to support a family... and by the same token that someone has to be someone who doesn't have to be home with his family... because he never will be.

Ray said he is finally had enough and is too old to keep it up. He wants to spend time with his family & grandkids and relax more.

K

You mean your youngin' son? Oh hell no. A bar is no business for someone still wet behind the ears. There is a reason these bars keep going back on the market. I see a bar as being a possible business for someone retired who doesn't need the income to support a family... and by the same token that someone has to be someone who doesn't have to be home with his family... because he never will be.

He would be more fixer upper, oveseer or caretaker as I see it. BBQ'R on weekends and bouncer at nights, knows little about running a business. He has a day job right across the street.

K

He would be more fixer upper, oveseer or caretaker as I see it. BBQ'R on weekends and bouncer at nights, knows little about running a business. He has a day job right across the street.

Good luck with that... I know a few bar owners and previous owners in this area and its just not a nice home life at all.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good luck with that... I know a few bar owners and previous owners in this area and its just not a nice home life at all.

Yup. I thought it would be 'fun' to own a bar. So I bought one with a restaurant too. It was anything and everything but fun; worst business decision I ever made. You never own a bar..a bar might own you though.

I've lived and worked in the county my half century plus..and when I bought a bar I, unfortunately, had gone too much on the memories of how the bar business in this county was once king; there were more bars than churches. Those days are a quarter century past gone.

The only good thing that came out of my bar-owning experience was some of the people I met and friends I made.

Yup. I thought it would be 'fun' to own a bar. So I bought one with a restaurant too. It was anything and everything but fun; worst business decision I ever made. You never own a bar..a bar might own you though.

I've lived and worked in the county my half century plus..and when I bought a bar I, unfortunately, had gone too much on the memories of how the bar business in this county was once king; there were more bars than churches. Those days are a quarter century past gone.

The only good thing that came out of my bar-owning experience was some of the people I met and friends I made.

Good input all. Thanks. I have heard this from many friends before, but it's good to be able to hear again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A bar is no business for someone still wet behind the ears.

I agree. Not so much for the home aspect, although that is a consideration. But the bar (and restaurant) business is intense, and there is a high rate of alcohol and drug abuse that comes with the territory. Not a good situation for a young person to be in, especially if they didn't grow up in the environment.

Hey Desert... have your son read this Thursday's edition of The County Times newspaper. Perhaps Ray's interview in the "Proposed 10 cent per drink tax" article will give him some insight into why so many seasoned bar owners have their bar up for sale.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey Desert... have your son read this Thursday's edition of The County Times newspaper. Perhaps Ray's interview in the "Proposed 10 cent per drink tax" article will give him some insight into why so many seasoned bar owners have their bar up for sale.

Okay, that makes sense. They're raising taxes so that they'll be able to give money to people who lose their jobs because of businesses closing down because they're overtaxed. :yay:

Already gave up the idea.