Bartender at ABC today

justlikeme

I went to my friends going away party today at the ABC and the bartender was very rude to me and other people that were with us. When we would walk up to the bar, she acted like we were not even there. She was running keno for people as we stood there and waited to place our order. When we did get served she was slamming beers and shots down on the bar, to where foam came out the top of the bottles and ran out onto the bar. As for the shots half of them were on the bar not in the glass. I hope the next time one of my friends wants to have a going away part it is not at he ABC.

Last edited:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
I went to my friends going away party today at the ABC and the bartender was very rude to me and other people that were with us. When we would walked up to the bar, she acted like we were not even there. She was running keno for people as we stood there and waited to place our order. When we did get served she was slamming beers and shots down on the bar, to where foam came out the top of the bottles and ran out onto the bar. As for the shots half of them were on the bar not in the glass. I hope the next time one of my friends wants to have a going away part it is not at he ABC.

Time frame? Before or after 6 pm?

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
ABC? Rude bartender? :killingme:killingme:killingme I think you're lucky to be served at all. Better yet you're luck to still be alive. :yay: Your friend couldn't find a place with a little more class? Or maybe one with a little class at all...?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ABC is a ####kicker bar. Receiving prompt, friendly service would ruin the ambiance. You know how at Dick's Last Resort the waiters are obnoxious and insulting by design because it's part of the experience? Same concept.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
I went to my friends going away party today at the ABC and the bartender was very rude to me and other people that were with us. When we would walk up to the bar, she acted like we were not even there. She was running keno for people as we stood there and waited to place our order. When we did get served she was slamming beers and shots down on the bar, to where foam came out the top of the bottles and ran out onto the bar. As for the shots half of them were on the bar not in the glass. I hope the next time one of my friends wants to have a going away part it is not at he ABC.

I usually tip when I leave for the night. I guess that is wrong.. At the same time you don't need the bartenders friends coming outside and harrassing you over a tip.. I had one beer and I gave the bartender a 4 dollar tip since it was dollar night. Apparently the friends thought I was being cheap. They came outside and started making smart ass comments about me and trying to start a fight..... That was the first and the last time I went to ABC.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can say nothing but good things about ABC. Not because I've been going there for over 25 years as a consequence of playing on a dart team. Not because of the awesome decor. Not the ambience. Not the outstanding service. Prices?..nope. Proximity?. nuh uh. Because ABC was the last bar I ever went to where a female patron hit on me.

It's hell to get old. :killingme

I can say nothing but good things about ABC. Not because I've been going there for over 25 years as a consequence of playing on a dart team. Not because of the awesome decor. Not the ambience. Not the outstanding service. Prices?..nope. Proximity?. nuh uh. Because ABC was the last bar I ever went to where a female patron hit on me.

Me too!

Throwing up on your shoes is a hit right?

Toxick

Splat

It's not all bad.

I crossed a very distinct line, I guess it was about 7, maybe 8 years ago. On one side of the line, There were cougars who would saunter up and tell me about how they liked younger guys. On the other side of the line were teeny-boppers who would saunter up and tell me about how they liked older men.*

It was all very confusing, turning my world all topsy-turvy-like.

It was almost as confusing as when I was 12 and my voice would break apart, and head-to-toe hair started sprouting.

*Not that it mattered much anyway.... My wife really doesn't approve of me picking up chicks, regardless of age.

xobxdoc

I'd be willing to bet that was my ex-wife. That's how she drinks for free.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

What is clear is she's not the owner!!!

That and chain smoking. It's probably good she doesn't have a car any more.
Are you back for work?

She doesn't even have a Car? oh my..

Couldn't come in for the outage.. I'm in Minnesota @ Monticello then Prairie Island for the next couple of years.

Tell everyone :howdy: for me!

thurley42

HY;FR
ABC? Rude bartender? :killingme:killingme:killingme I think you're lucky to be served at all. Better yet you're luck to still be alive. :yay: Your friend couldn't find a place with a little more class? Or maybe one with a little class at all...?

You're kidding right? Do you consider going to the grocery after dark dangerous behavior as well?????

We had a fundraiser in there two weeks ago and I was pleasantly suprised with the changes they had made in there.....opened it up and cleaned it a little......def be going back in the future...

jamaju2

The place itself is ok, more so after the renovation, but there is one bartender (scrawny, angry looking brunette) there who is ALWAYS nasty...If you want a better job then get one, don't act all high and mighty like you're better than the people you're serving when you're the one who got the job there, you're not forced to be there. However, the other main bartender (short and blond) is really sweet!