Attempted Home Invasion??

TurboK9

:jameo:

So last night I was up at a neighbors house about 1/4 mile from home. My kids were spending the night their so I was hanging out playing video games and generally doing boy stuff with them and their little friend. Late. About 1:20 AM, my cell phone rings. It's my S.O.

"Someone tried to get in the house!"

"what?"

"Someone tried to get in the house! They opened the front door and the dogs went off and I heard a voice say OH ####!!! and the door slammed closed."

I made it home about 3 seconds and she's bawling and shaking. Checked the immediate 'hood, no signs of anyone on foot, she says she didn't hear a car... responding LEO's found nothing.

Now I KNOW no neighbors would be stupid enough or suprised enough to open my door and yell OH #### when the dogs went off on them, LOL. So I figure must be on of you creepy forumites :boxing: Just Kidding!!

Seriously...lessoned learned. I didn't lock the door when I left. I went to bring Son 1 his stuffed guinea pig, LOL, dont ask... and expected to be gone maybe five minutes... then got caught up with gaming with the kids... next thing I know a couple hours have gone by. If it wasn't for the doggies, well, I may have been feeling REALLY guilty right now for leaving my SO vulnerable and alone in an unlocked house.

Don't be stupid like me... Lock your doors. :yay:

My hubby is a compulsive door locker and it has always driven me crazy. Now that this world is going to hell in a hand-basket... I find myself leaving the doors locked all the time too. I hate it though...:ohwell:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
:jameo:

So last night I was up at a neighbors house about 1/4 mile from home. My kids were spending the night their so I was hanging out playing video games and generally doing boy stuff with them and their little friend. Late. About 1:20 AM, my cell phone rings. It's my S.O.

"Someone tried to get in the house!"

"what?"

"Someone tried to get in the house! They opened the front door and the dogs went off and I heard a voice say OH ####!!! and the door slammed closed."

I made it home about 3 seconds and she's bawling and shaking. Checked the immediate 'hood, no signs of anyone on foot, she says she didn't hear a car... responding LEO's found nothing.

Now I KNOW no neighbors would be stupid enough or suprised enough to open my door and yell OH #### when the dogs went off on them, LOL. So I figure must be on of you creepy forumites :boxing: Just Kidding!!

Seriously...lessoned learned. I didn't lock the door when I left. I went to bring Son 1 his stuffed guinea pig, LOL, dont ask... and expected to be gone maybe five minutes... then got caught up with gaming with the kids... next thing I know a couple hours have gone by. If it wasn't for the doggies, well, I may have been feeling REALLY guilty right now for leaving my SO vulnerable and alone in an unlocked house.

Don't be stupid like me... Lock your doors. :yay:

Chalk it up as a lesson learned, love up on the doggies, and I suspect you'll have to do major :buttkiss: to smooth things over with wifey.

TurboK9

Scared the crap out of me, they did. I should sue.

That was you? I thought an elephant took a dump in my yard. Wow that was a lot of crap. Bet your eyes are finally blue again too, huh? :lmao:

No, wait... something tells me you are still full of crap... better try again tonight!! :buddies:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Wow, how terrifying! I'm telling hubby about this because he often makes fun of me for being paranoid with the door locking, alarm, etc. I'm from NY.......we're raised to be paranoid lol. So glad your dogs scared away the punks!

TurboK9

Chalk it up as a lesson learned, love up on the doggies, and I suspect you'll have to do major :buttkiss: to smooth things over with wifey.

Actually she's OK... I guess she thought it was pretty cool when the van came roaring down the street spewing gravel and lighting up half of CRE like something out of a movie...

I'm the "B" Team!!! :roflmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Actually she's OK... I guess she thought it was pretty cool when the van came roaring down the street spewing gravel and lighting up half of CRE like something out of a movie...

I'm the "B" Team!!! :roflmao:

You need a theme song then ...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It could also be someone crawling home drunk and entered the wrong house. I had that happen to me one time, which is why I *don't* shoot first and ask questions later.

Being neither here nor there, locking doors is never a bad idea. Glad everything turned out okay.

TurboK9

It could also be someone crawling home drunk and entered the wrong house. I had that happen to me one time, which is why I *don't* shoot first and ask questions later.

Being neither here nor there, locking doors is never a bad idea. Glad everything turned out okay.

I thought about that but really no immediate neighbors that party like that... so they'd have had to have been WAY off target, LOL.

And thanks... me too. :)

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
My hubby is a compulsive door locker and it has always driven me crazy. Now that this world is going to hell in a hand-basket... I find myself leaving the doors locked all the time too. I hate it though...:ohwell:
I'm a door locker too. Whenever I shut a door, I flip the lock out of habit. I've locked Dustin out in the back yard quite a few times. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have the opposite problem. Nothing is ever locked and the keys are always in the ignition of every car, truck, boat, etc on my property.

I grew up that way..frankly I don't think our farmhouse could have been locked if we wanted to lock it. Take your keys out of a vehicle at yr own risk..if it ended up that you parked it in the way, the ole man would move it with a tractor.

To this day I have a hard time remembering to lock up a vehicle and take the keys with me when its somewhere that really needs to be done.

rusty27

Beware of the dog
Glad things turned out ok....just another thing to have to worry about when I'm at work and the wife is home by herself.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I lock the doors all the time when by myself. My dog will hear people on the porch before I do. He will do the low bark and run to the door.

The person that did it must have not known that one: You have big dogs in the house that have zero issues with removing his/her body parts piece by piece. 2. If they did know that you have those dogs, than they are reallying freaking stupid.