Driving school

seansgirl

I know i have been posting a lot lately. anyways, I took driving school about 5 years ago ( at moore's). I completed the classroom part but never went driving with the instructor. Got my permit again and am wondering if I would have to take it all over again? Probably, but I wanted to know if this had happened to anyone else as well, or to your kids.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know i have been posting a lot lately. anyways, I took driving school about 5 years ago ( at moore's). I completed the classroom part but never went driving with the instructor. Got my permit again and am wondering if I would have to take it all over again? Probably, but I wanted to know if this had happened to anyone else as well, or to your kids.

Have you called the DMV and inquired with them?

You need it before you can graduate from your learner's permit to your provisional license.

Provisional License

Applicants must successfully complete a Maryland MVA licensed and approved standardized driver education course. Effective January 1, 2009, all driver education providers will electronically submit the applicant's course completion information directly to the MVA, eliminating the issuance of paper driver education certificates.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

How old are you?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I'm 21...lots of circumstances where I didn't need my license..now I do. I have my permit again, just gotta take classes over I suppose.

You're an adult. I'd just show up with your birth certificate and take the test

If you have any questions, please contact the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) Customer Service Center at 1-800-950-1MVA (1682). make sure you tell them you're 21

Last edited:

seansgirl

i have my permit already, but do I have to retake driving school? I guess I could call the place or the MVA lol

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't know if you need to redo the whole class however I do know you need to do the driving part. You should call MVA first and then Moore's to see if you could schedule the driving part, if you even can still. Even if you didn't need a license at the time you defintely need it especially the age you are.

Read post #3, he has the answer.

:giggle:

royhobie

hobieflyer
i have my permit already, but do I have to retake driving school? I guess I could call the place or the MVA lol

For your first license, you will probably be required to take a written, very simple exam at the MVA (Loveville or Waldorf) and an eye test so they know you're not blind as a bat. You will do fine. Don't worry.

I had a bat run right in to my house last summer. I'd say they're pretty blind. Seriously, it did happen. Have no idea why. (lol).

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
In Maryland you have to complete both the classroom sessions as well as ten hours behind the wheel with your driving school. In addition you need an additional 60 hours of documented practice with a licensed driver of over three years.

In MD it does not matter how old you may as you still have to fulfill the requirements. My old daycare provider who was over 40 had to do it. She had a a license in Italy but it was not an international license and once she let it expire she had to go through the whole process again.

My daughter just got her license last year right before her twentieth birthday an also had to do the whole program as well.

seansgirl

I do have to retake the course completely over again, I contacted Moore's and they destroy records after 3 years. I am going to go through CSM this time even though moore's is cheaper because it is closer to my house and probably better run.