Man shot motorist, then himself in Waldorf

EASTERBUNNY77

I was just going to ask if anyone knew why Billingsley Rd was blocked by sheriffs - I went to work about 2:40 and was detoured. Then on the way home I took another way and Middletown was blocked off near Turkey Hill Rd. I could see a helicopter and I knew it was in the vicinity of Billingsley Rd. How sad.

I wonder if this was a road rage incident or a case of domestic violence..either way how horrible and frightening!!!

SoMdDude

Just saw it on the news, they reported it as being in White Plains though *shrug* I drive through that intersection a lot. I wont be heading down that way when I leave in a few, thats f or sure

Dakota

~~~~~~~
According to the Case search ( Maryland Judiciary Case Search ), the 'victim/teacher' in the shooting was just served a summons on the 9th of this month for;

THEFT:$10,000 TO UND $100,000

MOTOR VEH/UNLAWFUL TAKING

ROGUE AND VAGABOND

And Robert Becker has had an outstanding warrant for his arrest since last year - drug related charges.

Might not have been so random?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Sad, if convicted felons wouldn't carry firearms, like the law says, these sorts of things would never happen. :ohwell:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
This may sound terrible but I'm relieved that they knew each other and this wasn't a random act of violence.

MMDad

Lem Putt
According to the Case search ( Maryland Judiciary Case Search ), the 'victim/teacher' in the shooting was just served a summons on the 9th of this month for;

ROGUE AND VAGABOND

And Robert Becker has had an outstanding warrant for his arrest since last year - drug related charges.

Might not have been so random?
Same address too. The shooter was also due in court today.

officeguy

Looks like shooter and victim had almost the same charges pending against them:

Charge: Article:TASec:14Sub-Sec:108Para:ACode:
Description: FRAUDULENT POSSESSION OF VEH(OWNERSHIP REG. PLATE, CARD, TITLE CERT., ID PLATES)

I wonder if this is a car-sale between neighbors gone bad with accusations of theft and fraud going back and forth.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Same address too.

obviously neighbors.. 1 is at 6410 and the other is at 6420 on the same street. Good catch!

Officeguy,

It surely looks like it is something along those lines...

CandyBare,

... gun laws are clearly wasted on career criminals. Mr. Becker was on probation for a 3rd degree burglary with a firearm. (Charles Circuit 08K09000918) & there he is.... on the streets yesterday with a gun!

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Haven't actually looked up the Maryland Judicial website yet but it doesn't appear from what I see posted here that either person was a convicted criminal. So the tenor of the discussion needs to change from 'If only criminals didn't break the law and get a gun' to something like 'Since they were neighbors, wonder if there's a love triangle, property line dispute or defacating dog between them.'

luvhh

Haven't actually looked up the Maryland Judicial website yet but it doesn't appear from what I see posted here that either person was a convicted criminal. So the tenor of the discussion needs to change from 'If only criminals didn't break the law and get a gun' to something like 'Since they were neighbors, wonder if there's a love triangle, property line dispute or defacating dog between them.'

You should have looked it up first. He was a criminal.

OldHillcrestGuy

Suspect broke into his neighbors home late 2009 and took off with all the neighbors weapons, guns,crossbows and many other hunting things. Several weeks later all of it was found stashed in the woods near his house. Got big time lawyer from LaPlata and pretty much got off.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Lenny,

Do you have me on ignore? :bawl:

Mr. Becker was convicted of 3rd degree burglary, went to jail and was out on supervised probation.

EASTERBUNNY77

a question that needs to also be asked here is if the victim also had a criminal case pending and past charges, why is he allowed to be a teacher?? Don't they do background checks etc? JMO

Pushrod

Patriot
That's the irony of anti-gun laws. The criminals obviously aren't going to obey them. However, the law-abiding citizen who got into a bar room fight 30 years ago and has a 2nd degree misdemeanor assault conviction because of it but has not gotten into any trouble since then cannot legally own a firearm to protect his family. It's true. If you have been convicted of a crime in which the penalty could have resulted in a jail or prison sentence of more than a year for federal offenses or two years for state offenses, you cannot legally own a firearm. That means getting convicted of urinating in public in some states (such as MD, where this is punishable by up to 3 years in jail) results in loss of rights to own or possess a firearm. It matters not what you are actually sentenced. It only matters what the potential sentence carries.

True Dat! Good post.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Lenny,

Do you have me on ignore? :bawl:

Mr. Becker was convicted of 3rd degree burglary, went to jail and was out on supervised probation.

No, I don't have you on ignore. As I said, the only charges listed in the forum posts were summons and charges but no convictions. Not having the Judicial website information at hand, I didn't see any reason to 'convict' either man based on the limited information in the posts.