I-495/D'Arcy Road... Forrestville last night

Woah... the overpass has been deemed to be safe... but after watching the video... I dunno....:shocking:

Police say the tractor-trailer struck several cars and then slammed into a bridge embankment of the D'Arcy Road overpass where it caught fire. The driver of the tractor-trailer was trapped inside the cab of the truck and has died.

The fire caused by the accident spread to areas of brush along D'Arcy Road.

Inspectors have deemed the D'Arcy Road bridge safe, however, it will remain closed at this time.

1 Killed When Tractor-Trailer Strikes Overpass Along I-495 Near D'Arcy Road

How horrible... the tractor trailer driver that died a horrific and terrible death was a victim of the other driver's carelessness. What a horrible way to go.

Maryland State Police on the scene of the crash tell WTOP a Kia clipped a disabled Dodge Caravan, which then went into traffic. The tractor trailer struck the Caravan and crashed into the abutment of the D'Arcy Road overpass.

WTOP.com - Washington, DC News, Weather & Traffic - WTOP.com - Inner Loop problems persist after tractor trailer accident

belvak

Happy Camper
What a sad story!!! I can tell you one thing, I don't care how safe they say the overpass is, you wouldn't see me driving on or under it after seeing the footage of debris falling down when the firemen were hosing it down. :yikes:

Blackstar65

The outer loop side of that Bridge was hit by the bed of a dump truck last winter during the blizzard clean up. The driver of the truck raised the bed too high and the bridge ripped the dump bed clean off and brought the truck to a complete stop. I watched that one happen on the way to work. That bridge has seen a lot of contact in two years.