Onset of biting behavior

betty99

I have no idea how old it is, it seems to be a few years old, not near senility age in my view. It's a pointer. I don't think they are an aggressive breed, and it doesn't have a history of this behavior, so I was curious if depression were an issue, or if there might be an underlying medical cause behind the behavior?

thatguy

I have no idea how old it is, it seems to be a few years old, not near senility age in my view. It's a pointer. I don't think they are an aggressive breed, and it doesn't have a history of this behavior, so I was curious if depression were an issue, or if there might be an underlying medical cause behind the behavior?

a lot of your hunting breeds are the dog equivilent of ADHD. if you dont keep them tired they act out. or it could be depression, or a medical issue.

TurboK9

Cool, thank you

Yup yup. If the dog checks out health wise, give him a job.

Of course, another common factor can be the owner themself... I frequently get clients whose dogs have aggression issues because the dog, being a dog, decides it's his place to protect / control the house / people. You have to be a leader. If not, many dogs will try to fill that slot themselves. And then you have issues.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

Of course, another common factor can be the owner themself... I frequently get clients whose dogs have aggression issues because the dog, being a dog, decides it's his place to protect / control the house / people. You have to be a leader. If not, many dogs will try to fill that slot themselves. And then you have issues.

:buddies:

where ya been? :popcorn:

betty99

This is a very interesting point that I hadn't considered.