Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Christian / Home Schooled - Neanderthal Retard

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
E

EmptyTimCup

:popcorn:

Teen wrestler refuses to compete against girl in state tourney match

"I have a tremendous amount of respect for Cassy and Megan and their accomplishments. However, wrestling is a combat sport and it can get violent at times," wrote Northrup. "As a matter of conscience and my faith I do not believe that it is appropriate for a boy to engage a girl in this manner. It is unfortunate that I have been placed in a situation not seen in most other high school sports in Iowa."

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Your poll is missing:

"He's queer and feared she'd kick his ass."

He should have wrestled her. They are comparable in size. She may have taken him.

bcp

In My Opinion
one one hand I think he did the right thing.
on the other hand it brings up memories from the mid 70s when I was actually active and took karate.
I was put in a position of fighting a girl at a competition. I was 5'11'' and right around 180lbs, she was maybe 5' and at the most 100 lbs.
I argued having to fight her because it would be unfair, she would get hurt, and on and on.
Didnt work so I had to go up against this tiny little midget of a female.

She whooped my ass, I dont know how many feet she had, but from the way it felt, I suspect that either she had at least ten feet on her body, or I didnt see the rest of her crew jump in to help.

He might could be afraid of getting whooped by a girl.

E

EmptyTimCup

He should have wrestled her. They are comparable in size. She may have taken him.

He might could be afraid of getting whooped by a girl.

both valid points, from what I remember about wrestling in high school, it is a close contact sport, lots of grappling and grabbing ...... give his home shcool up bringing it is possible he would feel uncomfortable in close proximity with a non family member girl ....

I used to wrestle around with some one my cousins ... not as competitively or as violent ....

oh yeah and I usually ended up on the bottom (weak book worm in my early teens) ... but it had the bonus afforded me the view up someones shirt :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My take is he's uncomfortable getting that physical with a girl - the "faith" part kind of gave it away. Martial arts is one thing, but wrestling is extreme body contact. Save that chit for the back seat of the car.

And I'll just say that I don't think these girls should be on a boys wrestling team anyway. But maybe their coach is onto something - I mean, the one girl got a win and didn't even have to break a sweat.

bcp

In My Opinion
My take is he's uncomfortable getting that physical with a girl - the "faith" part kind of gave it away. Martial arts is one thing, but wrestling is extreme body contact. Save that chit for the back seat of the car.

And I'll just say that I don't think these girls should be on a boys wrestling team anyway. But maybe their coach is onto something - I mean, the one girl got a win and didn't even have to break a sweat.

When I was set up it was done because I was a little too full of myself and it was meant to bring me down.
He brought this girl in from another class. I had no clue.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm of two minds on this. What would have happened if a coach had set a male wrestler to take on all comers from the girls wrestling team?

The other side of this though is that there are no girl wrestling teams.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Interesting that the boy is so consistent. Not necessesarily so in times of situational ethics.

Black said Northrup refused to wrestle her three years ago, and that she respects him for adhering to his beliefs.

Vince

All he has to do is grab her once in a private area (boob, whatever), she gets hurt, and parents want to sue someone. This is opening up a real bag of worms. And, of course, I'll get a "nooo, that would never happen because she volunteered to wrestle on a boys team." :bs: :bs:

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
All he has to do is grab her once in a private area (boob, whatever), she gets hurt, and parents want to sue someone. This is opening up a real bag of worms. And, of course, I'll get a "nooo, that would never happen because she volunteered to wrestle on a boys team." :bs: :bs:

It is wrestling! It is not sex. Does not make a difference who is wrestling who. Mind set is wrong if you think it is about sex. As for not wrestling the girl. Mind set is wrong here. It is about the skill to wrestle. As for someone sueing, so what. Its just giving the powers lawyers if you are worried about that.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
It is wrestling! It is not sex. Does not make a difference who is wrestling who. Mind set is wrong if you think it is about sex. As for not wrestling the girl. Mind set is wrong here. It is about the skill to wrestle. As for someone sueing, so what. Its just giving the powers lawyers if you are worried about that.

been a while since you were a teen boy?

he starts rubbin on a female hes getting a boner.