Mead

swm462

Does anyone know where I can find some Mead (honey wine) in southern Maryland? Usually the only thing I can find is white wine infused with honey which isn't legitimate mead. Even that is hard to find in the various liquor stores I've been to.

Also does anyone make their own? I am just now starting to delve into this hobby. Thanks!

molly_21

I know Linganore winery (out of Mt. Airy) makes it and I think the last time I saw it sold in Southern Maryland is the Patuxent Wine and Spirits in Lusby (acorss from the Giant and a couple doors down from Starbucks). According to Google, their number is 443-404-5919 (I guess a cell).

OmyGawd

I know Linganore winery (out of Mt. Airy) makes it and I think the last time I saw it sold in Southern Maryland is the Patuxent Wine and Spirits in Lusby (acorss from the Giant and a couple doors down from Starbucks). According to Google, their number is 443-404-5919 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting##############443-404-5919######end_of_the_skype_highlighting (I guess a cell).

Try Port of Call or ABC Liquors. Most places around here have it.

swm462

I have not had blue wind. I have tried Linganore's mead a few times and it is pretty good. Just seeing if there are other kinds out there.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
International Beverage on Great Mills Road in Lexington Park probably has the best selection in the area. There are probably 5 or 6 different ones on the shelf. If there's one in particular you want they don't stock, they are more than willing to get it in for you. :yay:

Linganore's Mead is what is served at the Maryland Renaissance Festival each year and is pretty darn good. :cheers:

F

forceofnature

Does anyone know where I can find some Mead (honey wine) in southern Maryland? Usually the only thing I can find is white wine infused with honey which isn't legitimate mead. Even that is hard to find in the various liquor stores I've been to.

Also does anyone make their own? I am just now starting to delve into this hobby. Thanks!

I can brew some for u but it takes a while to age and taste good. I made one batch (all gone). Got 54 bottles out of it. Typical process takes 3 months to bottle then 1+ year to age. Any mead more than a year aged is great stuff. Less than that its ok but tastes a bit green for my liking. You should do your own. Its a great hobby. :buddies:

F

forceofnature

Forgot to add use champaign yeast if you do. It brings alcohol content to 18%. Then add some additional honey after fermentation is complete to sweeten it a bit, as the champaign yeast makes it a little dry.

This is where I get my stuff.

Annapolis Home Brew

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
the good earth store i think its called in leonardtown has it my dad bought some there...really good!